Chapter 6

Worry-warts

Hearing the sounds of screams and cries I peeped out of the closet to look what was going on around

Hearing the sounds of screams and cries I peeped out of the closet to look what was going on around. As the yelling and the noises are starting to really scare me.

"You really think you're worth a hundred bucks bitch?" The man seethed and then kicked my mum harshly in the ribs. "Your ass is not worth five pennies. I bet that kid can make me harder than you."

Mum's eyes widened and she went closer to the man now frantically pleaing. "No no no tell me what to do. Please." She said midst cries as she was unbuckling his belt.

He then punched which made her fall onto the bed. All you could hear is mum crying in pain as she clutched her bleeding nose.

"Mummy?" The man's head snapped to mine. I immediately ran to mum to see why it was bleeding so much.

"Go back in the closet Oakley. RIGHT NOW!" The man than grabbed me by my hair and pulled me away from mum. "Listen to your mummy bitch. This is a grown up business." I tried to go back to mummy and started kicking and punching the man. The man than aggressively pushed me to the ground and held me down to the hard floor by his belt.

Mum's pleas were now more frantic and louder.

"You should really listen bitch." Stomping his right leg on my left arm it was now my screams and cries that were wailing in the room.

And they never stopped...

They only got mixed with mums, the man was again hurting her and now touching her in bad places.

I couldn't help her.

I couldn't do anything to save her.

I failed

"Oakley?" My head snapped to Fathers as he and all of my brothers in the room were staring at me with concerned eyes.

"Gosh you're more of a space cadet than what Noah is." Finn earnt a slap from Noah and I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably. I tried pinching the back of my hand to help calm my nerves but nothing was working.

"I was about to introduce you to your brothers." father said smiling. "This is Mason, my eldest and that is Noah."

"Hello Oakley, it is nice to meet you." Mason was very much a replica of father. Almost identical with the matching hair, eyes and skin colour. His hair was groomed to the right which allowed me to see some sort of beauty mark that was on the left side of his neck. He definitely looked on the stronger side but not as strong looking as Cade and father.

"Hi Oakley. Good thing you are here because we are all sick to death hearing Finn complain about being the youngest." Noah's eyes again were matching mine but just like Finn he had dark hair. Probably the darkest out of all the brothers. Noah also had a lot of tattoos on his arms. Some of the patterns were intriguing but some I just couldn't understand.