Chapter 17

I think I might have cried for hours. I just missed them all so much. It really really hurt. Missing them really felt awful. It just feels like a part of me was ripped away, which it was.

As my tears die down I can hear him coming down the hall. I couldn't do anything. My back hurt too much to even try moving. My door swings open and I hear him walk into my room.

I didn't want him to be here. That just means I made a mistake. He grabs my hair and drags me out of the room. As soon as he does that I hear alarms. They were so loud I had to cover my ears. He ignores my cries and walks faster. I'm brought me down a lot of stairs before he starts unlocking a door. He continues to walk down a hallway that was filled with white doors and stops at the last one. He unlocks it as fast as he can and throws me inside. I hit the floor hard and I hear the door slam shut. The sounds of the alarm are slightly muffled by the door which i'm grateful for.

I look at my surroundings but I quickly realize it's just a white room. The floor is a little better than the one in my room though. I laid back down onto my stomach. I didn't know why alarms were going off but I'll be damned if I let them ruin my free day. I look around the room and only find one camera. My room had four. I couldn't see any microphones either. That was nice.

Maybe he was upgrading my room.

My body starts to relax into the floor as I start to fall asleep. It would be nice to get a little extra sleep. At the very least, it would make it easier to ignore my back. As I'm about to fall asleep I hear my dad working to unlock the door. That was weird because usually when dad leaves he's gone for a while. Maybe he changed his mind on upgrading my room. The door unlocks and slowly swings open. The blare of the alarm flooded my ears again.

"Grace?"

I slowly look up. I think I see Easton rushing to say something in his ear. I couldn't really hear what he said but he started to come over to me.

"You're back already?"

He stops walking towards me.

"What?"

"You don't usually come back this soon."

"What are you talking about sweetheart? I'm here to bring you home."

I stare at him. He looked like he'd gone through hell. Maybe it wasn't my stupid brain anymore. Maybe they actually wanted me back.

"So, you're real?"

He looked confused, "What do you mean? Of course I'm real!"

He wasn't real. I used to think they were but i've learned better.

"No you aren't. That's okay, I understand. You aren't real, this is just my stupid head again."

I bang my head on the floor once. I can't believe I actually thought it was him. I hit my head another time just to be sure.

"I can't take this anymore! I'm done I'm done I'm done," I whisper to myself.

It was true. I hated these tricks. They were cruel and unnecessary. I hated my head for doing this to me. Was it not enough to make me see them once?

He comes over to me and touches my head.

"I'm real sweetheart. It's me," he says.

I look up at him. He takes my hand and keeps telling me he's real. He had tears in his eyes and he looked like he could sob at any moment. I try to push myself up but it doesn't really work. He gently grabs me and picks me up so I'm standing. I tug at him to get him to bend down.

Every part of his face looked like him. I touched his face and I could feel it. I could really feel it.

"East?"