Chapter 2

"I know I should feel bad that half the team got the flu and practice is canceled but we are having a ladies

"I know I should feel bad that half the team got the flu and practice is canceled but we are having a ladies...," I trail off as I walk fully into the room and survey the melt down in front of my eyes.

Meltdowns in our apartment are typical, but it's who is having the meltdown that catches me by surprise.

"This is worse than when I got my period during a performance when I was 12," Fran wails but she isn't actually crying.

At least I don't think she is. Frankly in the years I've known Fran I have never seen her like this before.

This is more on brand for me or Luna. We are technically the dramatic ones who throw fits over the smallest of things. While I lay around dramatically like the world is ending, Luna usually has violent outbursts; which is why we got her a punching bag last christmas to keep in the corner of our apartment. Maya is the most sensitive of the 4 of us but when she cries she's actually upset not just being dramatic for a bit of attention.

But Fran, she's the one that never lets anyone know just how upset she is. She is always so busy picking up the three of us and making sure we are ok, I think she forgets to take care of herself. We always try to make her confide in us, but she won't. Instead she will go take a really long shower where she thinks we can't hear her cry and then we all have to pretend we didn't to not upset or embarrass her. I know she's a little closer to Luna so she opens up to her a bit but I wish she'd realize we are here for her as much as she is here for us.

"What is wrong?" I ask Maya who is walking from our kitchen toward Fran with a plate of cookies. I peek into the kitchen and realize the emergency frozen cookie dough Maya always keeps on hand is out.

Fuck this must be bad if Maya is baking.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, if someone hurt Fran god save them because they aren't prepared for the lengths 509 will go for eachother.

"The best possible thing ever," Maya pouts as she walks over to Fran and not so gently drops the cookies next to her.

Yup, I am lost.

"Best? Maya, he is a demon! Didn't you hear me when I said he threatened me?"

"Who is he?" I yell as I start to see red.

Why is Luna so calm? Fran is her other half, sorry Tristian, she should be on a warpath right now.

"Him," Luna says, turning around the computer.

I walk over to see what is pulled up as Fran groans on the floor like she is in physical pain. "I have to share my private ice time with him, my life is over Parker."

"Him," I muse, squatting down next to Fran to rub her back and see the computer screen better.

I can hear aggressive angry munching as Luna, Maya, and I crowd around the computer reading the athletic departments bio for this mystical him who has my normally completely composed roommates so distraught.