Chapter 6

"She is late," Luna says anxiously pacing the weight room while checking her phone

"Dear, she probably got held up at her last class, you know today is her busy day," Tristian reassures her while standing in her path. Luna tries to side step him but my tiniest roommate fails miserably as he man handles her to physically stop her from wearing through the floor.

Sometimes Tristians ability to handle Luna impresses me. Like if anyone else had lifted her up in a bear hug while she was stressing about Fran she likely would have clawed their eyes out. But all she gives Tristian is a little huff and a semi disapproving look while he smiles.

I am about to say something to both of them when the exact person we are looking for slinks into the room.

Typically Francesca, being the amazing leader she is, is the first one to practice. Today she is almost dead last and the nervous guilty look on her face catches my attention and clearly the love birds too.

"Where were you?" I fire off as she sets her water down next to the rest of our groups.

"What is wrong?" Luna adds, breaking away from Tristian.

Fran says something that neither of us can hear but her cheeks are slowly turning a red color in embarrassment.

"Honey we didn't hear you, what's wrong?" Luna repeats softly, a tone she seems to only be capable of using with Fran which sometimes makes me laugh because on move in day three years ago Luna was distraught to have to live with her.

"Francesca Emilia Beckett, if I liked girls I would fucking marry you!" Maya screams as she barrales into the room still dressed in an adorable outfit clearly not meant for the gym. She tackles Fran, nearly toppling her over.

Fran giggles as she wipes away some of Maya's tears. "Uh, you can tell them they won't say no to you."

"Tell us what?" Tristian speaks up, wrapping a loose arm around a bewildered Luna.

"We are going to a hockey house party tonight! Ryder invited us!" Maya exclaims in pure joy as the entire room's eyes snap to Fran who is trying to appear innocent.

"What!" Luna screams reaching for Fran as Tristian quickly tightens his grip to rein her in.

"Absolutely not!" I add, not even entertaining the idea.

"You're ruining my life!" Maya screams.

The entire scene is straight out of a movie as the three of us all scream. Maya's bottom lip juts out and the tears well up in her eyes. Normally I wouldn't accuse her of fake crying but right now I know she is weaponizing her cuteness against us.

Fran slinks away from the mayhem and softly sings, "Horrified looks from everyone in the room."

"But I'm only looking at you," someone else finishes as our coaches walk in.