Chapter 27 - Battle of Town Illragon (Part 1)...

Quick Recap on: A New Age of Warfare

As the looming doom creeps closer by the second, the 1st and 2nd Paratrooper companies approach the town to capture it. The garrison saw hundreds of planes moving toward them, which they identified as "metal dragons".

Warlord Morgan, one of the commanding officers in the town under the command of the Commissar, saw what was slowly approaching. Numerous metal dragons flying towards them and thousands of unknowns dropping from them, he issued the Last Stand Protocol.

But unbeknownst to them, this protocol would be useless against a foe that they have yet to face in this world...

They will know what it's like to be helpless...

==================================

Talking: "Hello how are you? I'm under the water... please help me"

Shouting (All CAPS!): "BRUHHHHHHH!!!"

Whispering: "I'm in danger :D"

Telepathy: 'i have come bearing gifts

Thoughts: "it is what it is"

Background/Action: *Sheeeeeeeeeeesh*

Radio: ≈Thot spotted! Over≈

==================================

Location: Outskirts of Town Illragon

Date: December 17, 904

Time: 3:48 AM

3rd P.O.V.

*Thud!*

"Oof!"

Two sounds came from a single man, the same man is a paratrooper who had just landed on the ground roughly a hundred meters or so from the targeted town. The man is of German origins and is a trooper from the 1st Paratrooper Company, named the "Vampirjägers".

As he landed on the ground, he felt the sudden contact of grass below him, his feet landed first before his whole body fell on his back as the fall was cushioned by the soft grass below him.

Him now landing on the ground, with his MP40 jumbled around as he hit the ground, he hurriedly grabbed the belt of his harness in an attempt to detach the backpack behind his back where the parachute was.

After a few seconds of fumbling around in his harness, he successfully removed the belts on the harness. Feeling the sudden tightness in the harness loosen, he quickly removed the harness from him. After that, he looked behind him to see the chute lying flat on the grass, with standard procedures after landing, he grabbed the suspension lines and pulled it towards him.

Doing it quickly, he swiftly put the chute in the backpack quickly where the parachute came from first before he pulled the cord. After that was done, he checked his equipment on him to check if something was missing or if he forgot to bring it.

While he was checking his equipment, he heard an audible and loud, 'thud' following it with a grunt. Looking at the source of the sound, he saw his platoon leader landing on the ground just a few meters away from him.

Like clockwork, he saw his colleagues land one by one, hitting the ground. Hearing the grunts from his colleagues and the shuffling of backpacks seems to be the dominant sound around him at the moment, with planes giving off extra sounds in the background.

"Alright platoon! On me!"

Hearing the shout of his commanding officer, he left the backpack on the ground to get them later on and ran towards his platoon leader who was crouching on the ground.