Chapter 9: Pyrah is Burning

~Years ago...~

The winds of Zephra were scattering the blossom petals as the leader of Zephra began walking from her home. But the door to the home behind her opens as a little girl watches her leave.

She sobs, the tears welling up in her eyes, as she ran out of the house, "No, don't go!" she cries out, running to her mother.

Vilya turns and kneels as she catches her daughter in her arms, "I'll be back, Little Flower." she promises ad pulls her daughter back. "But until then, you need to know something," she tells her.

Her daughter, the younger Keyleth sniffles as she held her tears streaming down her cheek. "Listen to that, Keyleth," she spoke, Keyleth wipes away her tears and looks out to the winds around them. "Do you hear it?" Vilya asks her.

"The winds?" Keyleth states. Vilya smiles as she held out her hand. "Your power," she answers as at the command of Vilya's hand, the winds shift violently, making Keyleth flinch as the winds gather at her hands and she summons fire.

"Whoa," Keyleth said in awe. Vilya looks up at her, "Now, listen to that." she said and Kyleth looks at the two elements in her mother's hands.

The whooshing of the winds and cracking of the fire.

"Wind, fire," she tells her. "And the Earth and water," Korrin spoke as he walks up behind the two. Vilya held her hand up and the pebbles and water lifted off the ground and circled the two elements.

Starting at the joined elements, she reaches out, but was suddenly burnt "Ow!" she cries retracting her hand. "Ah." Vilya calls out, making Keyleth just look at her, "Never pull back." she tells her as Vilya looks at the joined elements and places her hand in the fire.

"See?" she said as she showed no pain, "Flame cannot live without air, and we are Air Ashari, are we not?" she states and looks back at her daughter. "We were made to pass through the fire," she states as Keyleth's eyes were on the hand in the flames. "It doesn't hurt you?" Keyleth asks her, "Only if you let it." Vilya answers.

She closes her eyes as the elements retract, making Keyleth gasp in surprise, but her mother just looks at her and taps at her nose. Keyleth just giggles at her as Korrin just pulls her off the ground.

"Time for Mom to go." he tells her as Vilya stood to her feet, Keyleth just looks at her mother, "Can I go with you?" she asks, but Vilya just smiles at her, stroking the side of her head, "You'll always be with me. And one day, you'll be ready for your own journey. You know have to listen," she said and perks Keyleth's forehead.

Vilya turns and began to walk again, leaving them both. But the tears did not stop from flowing as she watches her mother leave once more.

Vilya looks back at the small family she said as she vanishes into the mist of the winds and was gone. Never to be seen again.

~Present Day...~

The Air Ashari picks up a twig from the ground, adding it to the pile in her arms, The Fire Ashari began walking past her, with an armful of firewood, but both came to a stop as the wind gusts against them, they gasp, looking to the wind and listens.