Chapter 29: Siege of Castle Ither

August 28th

6:22 AM Falmart Time

The remaining trip to Castle Ither was not far.

Mike knew they'd be there soon and according to Ukrainian drone intelligence, there weren't any villages in the way.

As expected, the trip didn't last long.

They arrived at the Castle with no problems.

Mike gazed through his Trijicon Acog scope at the massive castle.

"Command, this is Hunter 2-1, we have arrived at the Castle Ither

"Command, this is Hunter 2-1, we have arrived at the Castle Ither. The route has been cleared for military forces. Over." Mike said over his radio.

"Hunter 3-1, we hear you. Remain at your location until further orders. We're sending reinforcements immediately. Over." The voice in the radio replied.

"Understood, command. We'll be waiting for you." Mike replied.

They parked their vehicles on a ledge overlooking the Castle and Mike sat back in his seat.

Within a few hours, he knew they'd be attacking the Castle.

It was best to get sleep when he could.

"Should we deploy the drone Captain?" He looked up at the voice.

And it was Millie.

"Yeah. Deploy the drone for reconnaissance, I want those bastards to be watched hard." Mike said, as he promptly slouched back down in his seat.

Millie nodded, as she and the rest of the team got out the Cougar and released the drone.

-

Shchuka Base

They had arrived at are arriving in Castle Ither in good time.

Lieutenant Colonel Volkov stood at the command of the 136th Motorized Rifle Brigade, as well as an additional self-propelled howitzer battalion he'd been assigned.

Major General Chernov had given him one job, take the city by any means necessary.

Volkov looked at the Castle as one of his aide listed off information about it.

"The Castle is near a small village, estimated population of about 100 people." The aide said.

"How many soldiers in the castle?" Volkov questioned.

"Presumed to be around 20,000 Imperial combatants left over from the battle, in addition to militia risen from the area. In total anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 combatants, comrade Colonel." The aide replied.