Primo Victoria (Not a Chapter)

"Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely. But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory! Good luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

- General Dwight D Eisenhower.

-

Today, we are here to remember and pay tribute to the heroes of D-Day, the brave soldiers who fought and bled on the beaches of Normandy, forever altering the course of history.

Seventy-nine years ago, on this very day, these courageous men faced a formidable enemy, risking their lives for the cause of freedom.

They landed on the shores of Omaha, Utah, Gold, Juno, and Sword, fighting side by side, united in purpose.

In the face of unimaginable odds, they demonstrated unwavering resilience and remarkable bravery.

Shoulder to shoulder, they fought relentlessly, each step forward etching their names in the annals of heroism.

Today, we honor the memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

They gave their lives so that we may live in a world free from tyranny and oppression.

Their names may be etched in stone, but their spirits live on, forever inspiring us.

Let us remember the valor of these heroes, who willingly faced danger and uncertainty.

Their selflessness and dedication serve as a reminder of the true cost of freedom.

We owe them an immeasurable debt of gratitude.

As we gather here today, we also pay tribute to the veterans who returned home, forever marked by their experiences.

They carry with them the memories of their fallen comrades, their sacrifices never forgotten.

On this solemn anniversary, we must ensure that the legacy of D-Day lives on.

We must teach future generations about the sacrifices made, so that the memory of these heroes remains eternally embedded in our collective consciousness.

May their bravery and sacrifice inspire us to be better, to stand up for justice, and to work towards a world free from conflict.

Let us strive to uphold the values they fought so valiantly to protect-freedom, democracy, and human dignity.

To the fallen and heros of Normandy on Operation Overlord, you're sacrifice for France will forever be remembered