-Tunnel-

(Fun fact: Once again, it is a pokemon theme song that fits this chapter most, I can't help it, it sounds like a frantic heartbeat of sorts.)

They had climbed into the sewers to hide more.

There was water, in small shallow puddle, the clammy air, the fog, the noises through the pipes, the leaky drops of water put Paige fully on the edge.

"It will be fine." Johanna muttered softly to her, Paige stiffly nodded, a deadly grip on the two hand axes she held on like life lines.

Each step in the puddles echoed loudly in Paige's ears, suffocating her but she did her best to ignore it.

She also did her best to ignore it when they even entered a hallway that two people couldn't fit next to each other in.

"No..." She backed up. "No!"

"Paige!?" Katniss called, the tunnel dipping down into water.

"I can't!" She backed up more, Johanna grabbed her by her shoulder as the rest already climbed into the water that reached half was up their torso. She fell in a crouch, grabbing her head. "No, no, no!" She shook it.

"Paige, hey." Johanna lifted her head between her own, setting her axe down. "It's alright, it can't hurt you."

"I can't do this Jo."

"Yes you can, okay? We need you, come on, I'll hold your hand.... Paper we need you, come on."

She knew she was needed but she couldn't help it.

Shakily she hooked an axe on her belt as Johanna jumped in the water and grabbed her own, holding a hand for Paige.

7's career grabbed int and slid in, holding Johanna's hand in a vice grip, more then sure that Paige would have broken it if she didn't squeeze back.

"There we go." Johanna said with an encouraging smile. "Come on, nice and slow, it will be fine." She said despite tears shining on Paige's face despite the only few light sources that were with them.

Paige was stiff as a board, barely even taking a breath as she couldn't get the water out of her mind, slowly but surely, they moved ahead, following the others.

When the level of the water lowered ankle height, she couldn't anymore, falling to her knees, quietly crying.

"Alright everybody." Jackson said. "Lets stop here for a bit and get some rest, yeah?" She asked, looking into the tunnel, the sides sloped slightly but people could sit on them still and get out of the water for a bit. "I'll take first watch."

Johanna helped Paige up on it, sitting with her and hugging her.

"You are doing great, just a bit more and we'll be out of here." She whispered to her as Paige sniffled, holding on her.

"Hey, Peeta. Just tuck in there." Finnick pulled the boy to a dry place too.

"All right,settle in, everybody." Jackson added.

"It will all be fine." Johanna whispered. "We rest and then we get out, Snow will never see us coming." She kept muttering, the younger girl calming down as she leaned into her hold but still tense. "There we go, relax, I'm here, I won't let you fall in, you need some rest."

Paige nodded silently against her, just holding her tightly.

----------------------------------------------------------

"What is that?" Paige awoke in an almost jump at Jackson's voice, others already having became moving and she too heard the weird noise.