Woman and Man

Chapter 2:
I have been in the car with Sara for about 6 hours now and let's just say that the comfortable silence is now gone. I try to build up the courage to strike up a conversation, but I end up just opening and closing my mouth like an idiot.  Luckily I have a best friend who is much better at these types of things. But, the first thing she asks or says has to be the thing I wish most not to answer...

"So, what is it that you need to tell me?" Uggghhhh

"Where do I start?" I whisper more to myself than her.

"Probably the beginning."

"No duhhh!!! How about I start with why I had to leave, then move on to my secret?" I get a nod in return. I take a deep breath and begin, "Well, as I was about to get into your car I caught my mates smell into the woods, I made an excuse to you, sorry about that by the way.  When I found him he told me he could not have a weak... Luna and.."

"Wait a second. Your mate is the future alpha?!!!"

"Yes! Can I continue now? I do not want to repeat this!" She zip locks her lips and dramatically throws away the key marking me chuckle. "Okay, anyway, he rejected me then banished me.  He told me that he could not have me at Carrey's Luna ceremony." I say irritated and stop when I hear a growl and turn to look at Sara shaking in her seat.  She calms down eventually and I continue.  "Then I came to my house and you were there for the rest. Any questions about that"

"I can talk now. Yay!!!! Alright, serious face on. I cannot believe he rejected you. You are the strongest person I know.  Sure you can't shift, but you have been the rock in your own life and you would have made a perfect Luna. No questions."  I feel guilt hit me hard.

"Well, actually I can shift..."

"What????!!!! Why didn't you tell me? And you better have a good reason?"

"Well that's my secret.  I am different..." How do I explain this to my best friend??? -Here let me speak to her- Okay... I feel Artimesis take control and she tells her everything I know about how I can talk to other's wolves and how I am stronger than others, so I had to keep it a secret. Then when she answers all her questions she gives me back control. I feel Kara trying to get through my mind block, so I let her in. 

"My human is freaking out.  And she is mad at me for not telling her.  Why could we have not told her sooner?" 

"You know why... Try to calm her down.  She will listen to you."

"Okay"

Eventually, after I assume she talks to her wolf, Sara turns to me and says, "I am happy for you, that you actually do have a wolf. But, please no more secrets"

"I promise.  No more secrets. Still sisters?" I asked worriedly.

As she opens her mouth to reply, we hear someone scream.  I park the car quickly and run into the forest with Sara behind.  We start to smell rouges and we hesitate, but keep running.  What I see gets me so angry, I start shaking, my wolf trying to take control.

A girl around our age with a man around our age, surrounded by about 8 members of warriors from a pack. The man is bleeding badly and still trying to protect the girl. They must be mates.  As the warriors get closer, I growl and they all stop to look at me.

"Let them go," I growl out.

"NO! They are trying to leave the pack.  They belong to us.  Now you rogues, must come with us as well." He tries to come closer to me but I growl with more power than any rouge should have.  I am surprised, but I don't have time to dwell on it.  He hesitates, so I take my chance to speak instead of fight.

"I am no rogue. I have a pack and these two are in it." I say lying, more confident than I feel. 

What I did not know was that when I said these words my words came true.  My rogue scent disappeared and a link was created between the four of us and I was a new alpha.  I just made myself the first ever female alpha.

I see the man's eyes fog over. I guess he is linking someone. "My alpha says that you must come with us" he says as threateningly as he can muster.

"I am sorry, but we must be leaving. Come on now." I say to the woman and man.... And then out of the corner of my eye I see him lunge for me.

————————————————————————

So sorry for the short chapter and editing of the last chapter.  I have been working on my grades in school and could not write... I hope you enjoy.

Please comment what you think will happen next.