Mistake Three - Going to Libraries in 2026

Cameron: Hey!

Luz 💖: heyyyy

Cameron: Are we good for today still? I'm about to leave my house.

Luz 💖: yep yep. someone is exciteddd  😏

Cameron: I hope you know I'll get rid of the heart next to your name if you keep flirting with me.

Luz 💖: awwww :(

Cameron: Oh, whatever. 

Luz 💖: you sadden me cameron

Cameron: Deserved?

Luz 💖:  how dare you

Luz 💖: im perfect

Cameron: I doubt that. 😘

Luz 💖: dw im into being degraded

Cameron: Okay, removing the heart.

Luz 💖: NOOOO

Luz: CAM PLEASE

Luz: I NEED THIS

Cameron: Gone.

Luz: im heartbroken(get it?)

Cameron: Too bad. Alright, I have to finish getting ready. I'll talk to you soon.

Luz: kk

Cameron turned his phone off, placing it on the dresser beside him. He stared into the full-length mirror, conflicted. His outfit was meticulously put together, a gray button-up with a baggy sweater on top that he had gotten on a trip a couple of years ago; he adjusted his tight black pants and examined his Converse.

Neither of these actions helped.

It wasn't that Cameron thought he was ugly, just, he couldn't help but worry that others thought he was ugly. He knew he had body issues, and he consistently dealt with anxiety relating to his image. It wasn't that bad though, it was manageable. 

And it was good to know what could be seen as ugly; it helped him adjust how he looked as needed. His short blonde hair was combed perfectly but did look a little ugly from the left. His skin was nearly flawless, except for a couple of pimples on his cheeks. His teeth were straight and white, but his canines were a little deformed. His jawline was good, but his neck was too long and thin. He wasn't ugly, but he could definitely look better

Whatever. He'll just do the heavy lifting with his personality today. Luz wouldn't care.

No one really cares.

4:17.

He walked out of his room into the kitchen, which was attached by a short hallway. His mom sat at the dining table on her phone, her laptop open. She was probably doing her online courses, or at least, was supposed to be. Cameron supported her completely in her going back to school, but it did make connecting with her difficult at times. 

"Hey Mom," He smiled, slinging his bag over his shoulder from where it rested on the counter.

"Leaving for the library?" She glanced up from her phone.

"Yeah, did you get Luz's parent's contact information?" 

"Yes. Home by seven, at the latest, okay?"

"You got it. Love you."

"Love you too."

Cameron marched out to his car, got in, and started it before sending a text to Luz.

Me: Leaving my house now.