𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Check webnovel for further chapters

Ruhaan looks effortlessly stylish in casuals, and it never fails to elicit a sense of delight in me. His fashion sense, a testament to his attention to detail, is a quality that catches my eye. A subtle relief, for had he opted for skinny jeans, it might have raised a red flag for me.

Exiting the car, I find myself holding Ruhaan's hands. The texture of his hands surprises me—rough, as if bearing the weight of considerable exertion. A touch of moisturizer would undoubtedly lend them a gentler feel.

Admittedly, the silence of the road unnerves me. As we take a few steps and cross the road, my unease grows upon spotting a buff man standing near a car. Hesitation slows my steps, and Ruhaan, noticing my reluctance, turns towards me with a look of confusion that quickly transforms into understanding.

"Tarini, it's okay. He works for me; you don't have to be scared," he reassures me, squeezing my hand. Relief washes over me.

Approaching the car, where the man is stationed, Ruhaan greets him. "Good evening, sir, ma'am," the man acknowledges. Confirming everything is in order, Ruhaan dismisses him, and the man departs in the car.

"I didn't want to settle for a basic dinner date, so I thought we could go cycling. But, if you're not into it, we can do whatever you prefer," Ruhaan turns to me, his words laced with consideration.

"No, I really like it. I haven't ridden a bicycle in ages, and a bicycle date sounds wonderful," I reply, a wide smile stretching across my face. Ruhaan reciprocates with a soft smile.

"I'm glad you like it. Wait here; I'll get your water bottle," he says, moving towards his car. His considerate gesture, despite our limited acquaintance, manages to carve a little extra space in my heart.

Returning with my water bottle, he attaches it to the bicycle designated for me. As we set off, he adjusts the pedals, and we begin a leisurely ride down the road. The cool breeze complements the perfect evening—a handsome gentleman cycling beside me.

After a prolonged period, I sense a serenity that has eluded me. Despite having amazing friends, a fulfilling job, and spending quality time with myself, true peace is a rarity. Daily routines often overshadow the exploration of oneself.

"Which part of the city is this?" I inquire while pedaling alongside him.

"I was going home after a long day at the office, and it was late. Avoiding the tired traffic, I took a shortcut and ended up on this road. I stopped the car, deciding to sit here for a while. Even us young adults need some rest, peace, and quietness. I might have reached home late that night, but I could spend some time enjoying nature without worrying about expanding my business, looking after my cousins, or being a good son to my parents. It felt good. That's how I found this place," he explains, radiating contentment.