Chapter 5

The next morning, Rajendra calls one of his special men and asks for information about someone. The man says, "Wait a little, sir." After some time, a message comes to Rajendra's phone. He opens it and is a bit shocked by what he reads.

.

.

.

.

Ishita is placing some files in Vidyunt's cabin and starts to leave. She is about to open the door when someone opens it from the other side. The sudden force causes her to lose her balance, but someone catches her hand. She looks up and sees Vidyunt, who helps her stand properly. Just then, Vikram enters the room and looks at them both.

They notice Vikram. Ishita lowers her eyes nervously under Vikram's cold stare and quickly leaves the room.

Vidyunt looks at his brother and says, "Why do you always scare her?"

Vikram responds coldly, "What did I do?" and sits comfortably on a chair.

"Bhaiiii...." Vidyunt starts.

Vikram shakes his head, a light smile appearing on his face. He says, "If she can't handle my glare, how is she going to handle Dad? I'm just preparing both of you for Dad's questions, baccha."

.

.

.

.

Rajendra calls a meeting. Ishita brings coffee for everyone and tea for Rajendra. Rajendra asks about Ajit. Everyone looks at each other until Ajit comes in, hands him the file, and sits next to Ishita.

After checking the file, Rajendra asks about the people who were caught yesterday. Aryan responds, "They have confessed, sir."

Rajendra nods and says, "Okay, keep a close watch on them and transfer them quickly." Rajendra leaves in a hurry because he has to go somewhere.

Then Aryan looks mischievously at Ajit and says, "How was your kiss yesterday, Ajit?"

Ajit, who is drinking his coffee, spits it out upon hearing this. Everyone looks at him but starts laughing at his reaction.

                        ~~~~

Today is a holiday for Naina's school, so she is in the kitchen trying out some new recipes.

Just then, the doorbell rings. Naina goes outside and opens the gate, finding a man who appears to be around her father's age standing there.

"Yes...?" she begins.

The man is about to speak, but before he can, Mahesh arrives and recognizes him. Mahesh invites the man inside, while Naina watches in confusion. The man looks at Naina and says, "I am the one who saved your father's life that day."

Naina smiles and thanks him wholeheartedly.

The man then says, "But I want something from you."

Mahesh and Naina exchange glances. Naina agrees immediately, as she loves her father very much.

The man looks at them both and says, "I want you to marry my elder son."

Naina is shocked, while Mahesh is surprised but not as much, since he already knows about this man who frequently appears in the news. He also knows that Naina is unaware because she avoids reading about officers and crime.

Naina looks at her father, who seems slightly happy.

Naina knows her father wants her to settle down, but...

The man says, "Think it over and then let me know. Here is my number; you can call me after your discussion." He then leaves.

Naina heads towards her room. Mahesh sighs but also wishes for Naina to settle down. He worries about how long he will live and wants to see Naina happy and secure.

Naina sits on her bed, wondering why she agreed without hearing him out.

After some time, Mahesh enters her room and sees Naina sitting with a sad face. He approaches her, places his hand on her head, and sits beside her. Naina looks at him and rests her head on his lap.

After a moment, Mahesh says, "I also think it's time for you to get married, Naina."

Naina is about to protest, but Mahesh stops her and says, "For me, child. I want to see you happy. Even without me, I want you to have someone you can call your own."

Naina thinks for a bit and then says, "As you wish, Papa..."

Mahesh smiles and kisses her on the forehead. Naina feels happy seeing her father's smile, the one she loves the most.

                        ~~~~

It is nighttime. Rajendra is walking in the garden of his house, deep in thought about their decision. He hopes their answer is yes. He then goes back inside and falls asleep.

The next morning, Mahesh calls Rajendra. Rajendra picks up the phone and immediately asks for their decision. Mahesh says, "It's a yes from our side." A big smile spreads across Rajendra's face, but he quickly becomes serious and says, "Before that, I want to tell you something about my family."

Mahesh agrees, and they end the call.

Outside, Ved and Vidhi are getting ready for college and having breakfast. They are shocked to see their dad smiling as he approaches them. Rajendra kisses their foreheads lovingly and leaves immediately because he needs to talk to Vikram first.

.

.

Rajendra arrives at the bureau and sees everyone busy talking. He heads straight to Vikram's cabin. Vikram is looking at a file when someone enters without knocking, but he doesn't react because he knows it can only be ACP Rajendra.

Vikram looks up as Rajendra says, "I want to talk to you, Vikram."

"Sir..."

"Not as sir. I want to talk to you as your father."

Rajendra takes a deep breath and says, "Get married, Vikram. For your family. I am asking you for something for the first time."

Seeing Vikram's expression, he knows what he's thinking. "I know you're thinking about the three of them and about your past. But it's not necessary that what happened once will happen again. Don't let someone else's words weigh on your heart."

Vikram shuts his eyes, knowing his dad is asking for something for the first time. He doesn't want to deny him because he knows that family is the most important thing for both of them.

He takes a deep breath and nods. A big smile appears on Rajendra's face as he immediately hugs his son. Vikram sees the smile on his dad's face, a smile that hasn't been there for years. He knows his dad has lost a lot, but as they say, some secrets are better left as secrets.

                          ~~~~

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.