11. Gryffindor vs Slytherin *

"We were born for this!" Born For This, Paramore

Today is the first Quidditch match of the season; weeks and weeks of training have lead up to this exact moment.

I wake up early and change into my Gryffindor Quidditch robes, which are coloured scarlet and yellow. On the back of my uniform is the number '7' (which Harry has also) and 'Potter 2'.

Since Harry and I both have the last name Potter, and our names both start with an H, we got 'Potter 1' and 'Potter 2' on the back of our uniforms.

And because my dear brother is older than me by two minutes, I'm Potter 2.

I tie my hair into a French braid and walk down to the Great Hall with Mione, Harry and Ron.

We sit at the Gryffindor table and Hermione and Ron dig into their breakfast, but Harry and I both push our plates away.

I've suddenly lost my appetite due to my nerves.

"Take a bit of toast, go on," Ron tells us.

"Ron's right. You'll both need your strength today." Mione agrees .

"I'm not hungry." We say unison, as Snape comes up behind us.

"Good luck today, Potters. Then again, now that you've proven yourselves against a troll. A little game of Quidditch should be easy work." He says broodingly. "Even if it is against Slytherin."

He then - much to my surprise - limps away from us.

"That explains the blood." Harry murmurs.

"Blood?" I ask.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could get past that dog. But, he got bit, that's why he's limping." Harry explains to us.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione questions.

"The day Haylee and I were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults," Harry says.

"He said it was Hogwarts business, very secret," I say, picking up on Harry's idea.

"You're saying-"

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry tells us, as a begin to hear an owl hooting.

We all look to I see Hedwig flying towards us, with two, long parcels. She drops the straight I to our hands and we lay them out on the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione muses.

"But Harry and I never get mail," I mutter.

"Let's open them," Ron says and we all begin tearing into the two packages. Finally, we remove the last of the brown paper wrapping, revealing two sleek brooms.

"Broomsticks," I whisper as I run my hand down the broom closest to me.

"They're not just any broomsticks, they're Nimbus 2000's!" Ron exclaims.

"But who-?" I begin, trying to search the hall for Hedwig.

I finally find her with McGonagall, who is stroking her fondly,

McGonagall smiles at Harry and I and we nod gratefully.

~*~

Soon after our broomsticks arrived, Harry, the entire team and I head down to the Quidditch field.

We assemble in the changing rooms and my stomach does flips.

"Scared, Potters?" Oliver asks us.