Chapter 64.

I had only intended a light peck, I swear. It wasn't supposed to end up this way. Feel this good.

   The moment my lips pressed against Dorian's for the first time, I began sinking fast. Sinking into the surprising softness his lips carried, his intense body warmth that was suddenly a sheet around mine, into his signature coconut-lemon scent, more intoxicating than ever.

   But that wasn't what sent me over the edge.

   After seconds had passed with his lips unresponsive, I had been ready to pull away and bask in shame.

   But then, his hands snaked to the back of my neck, triggering a shiver from my end. That didn't stop him though. Dorian, with his lips still motionless against mine, took several steps forward until I was pressed against the wall again.

   Dorian's smooth hands slid from behind my neck to cup my chin. In less than a second, my head was tipped back and that's when his lips began moving.

   And that was what set me off.

   His kiss was in no way similar to mine. Dorian's lips parted mine slowly and with care at first, then upon assuming a dominant firmness, went deeper and deeper. His mouth became even more insistent when my fingers, still draped around him, moved— in an impulsive response to his gesture— to tug on the ends of his now dishevelled black hair.

   I could taste, smell and feel every part of Dorian Mathers as I kissed him back but it still wasn't enough. Every nerve within me was a wild unrest. My finger tugged at his soft hair further and harder, to feel more of him, more of his hellish heat. At that moment, the idea of getting burned was the least of my problems.

   His hands, on the other hand, had long migrated from my face and pulled my frame against his. They were currently roaming around every inch of my body I allowed. Which was... well, everywhere.

   If I thought I wanted him before, Beth from the past should definitely see me now.

   When we finally pulled away, it was no surprise that we were both gasping for air. It was funny how breathing didn't even come to mind a second ago.

   My heart needed a minute to recover from this one. If that was ever going to happen, that is. I still couldn't look at him, for Pete's sake!

   And it didn't help that his arms and parts of his body still had me plastered against the wall.

"Beth," Dorian eventually filled the silence between with a deep toned whisper of my name.

"Dorian," Even before speaking out, I knew there was nothing coherent my mind could come up with. "Dorian, I, um—"

   He cut my words short by pressing his forehead on mine. The perspiration that had broken out on his forehead collided with the sweat on mine. After shutting my eyes to revel in his gesture, it was only then that I realised how really warm the room was.

   Or maybe it was just us.

   I wasn't sure whether to be confused or sad when Dorian ceased contact with our heads, but I said nothing as I finally got the guts to stare at him.

   Still holding me, he released a shaky sigh before eventually breathing out the word, "Fuck."

   I knew there and then, from the way he just uttered that word, that I had some form of effect on him. That what I was feeling wasn't one sided in the least. I know, the kiss should've been my first clue, but you never know.

   That thought of Dorian sharing my feelings was accompanied by a tingling sensation within me that wasn't easy to downplay.

   As I observed the pained yet longing look that accompanied Dorian's slightly swollen, cherry red lips and out of place hairstyle caused by my fingers, I noticed that his hard breathing, though receding, hadn't slowed down.