Chapter Forty-eight

Zemela's POV:-)

It's already the ending of the first week of December, exams were by the corner in a weeks time or so.

I was excited for the upcoming winter ball because, I had a shift on that day and Mrs Mateo told me I could go.

I was sitting with Ruby at Mateo's after our evening shifts.
"So you and Bryson? How is he generally?" She asked me.
I smiled, "we're good. He's awesome"

She wiggled her eye brows, "awesome huh?"
I rolled my eyes but couldn't help my blush, "yes" I nodded.
Her eyes grew wide, "my God you've lost your v card!" She half yelled.
"Shut up!" I slapped my palm on her lips.
"You don't have to tell the whole world" I said.

"I'm happy for you, seeing do normal teenage stuffs"
"All thanks to Mateo" I said
"Bryson pays for the hours" she said.

"She covers me up, ya know"
"She's great"
I nodded, "I agree, totally"

"Too bad her children are demons"
"They're more than demons" I said.

"Hey you two" Sadiki sat beside me.
"Why are you here by this time?" I asked him, I saw the look on Ruby's face and I knew something was up.

"We have a date tonight" he said not looking at Ruby but I knew he was talking about her.
"Ouuuu, things are getting serious pretty fast, huh"

"Yeahhh" he paused, leaning closer he said, "I hope it's not weird, me dating your friend" his words gave me Deja Vu, he said similar thing with Skyler.
I swallowed, "no. No. Not at all" I said forcing a smile.

Standing up I said, "I have to go check if John needs help" I walked away before they could say anything.

Shift was over and I went home, alone because Sadiki took Ruby with him.
Once in my room I stripped out of my clothes, I had a short relaxing shower.

Pamela had made dinner already, my dad wasn't back home yet. Pamela came into my room once she had put Lucinda and Louise to bed.

"I think daddy is in trouble" she said.
"Trouble? What type of trouble?"
She shrugged, "he isn't back home, it's unlike him" she said.

I chuckled, "he probably is with his girlfriend, Aunt Mercy" I said.
"I don't like how he behaves honestly" she frowned.

"Nobody likes how he behaves, not even his parents. But, we can't do anything" I told her.
Yawning I said, "we just have to commit him into the hands of God" she laid beside me, I slept off and left her waiting for our father to come home.

+
Filler chapter!!