Chapter Fifty-five

A/N: forgive typos and grammatical mistakes, as it is unedited 😊

Zemela's POV:-)

My heart pounded in my chest as we waited for the results, we were in the bathroom of a gas station.

Ruby was standing beside me, in front of the mirrors while Vaughn was inside the stall I took the test waiting patiently for the result.

I heard her gasp, then go silent. She walked out of the stall to meet us.
"What does it say?" Ruby asked her, I had made up my mind that I was pregnant already but, hearing the result was just something I didn't want.

"Don't say it" I said quietly, "if it says what we know don't say it" I shook my head. I tried to hold back the tears but, they still found their way out.
Ruby rubbed my shoulder, "it's okay" she whispered.

I shook my head, "no it's not okay. I wish it were but, it isn't. How would I take care of a child? How?" I cried.
They all remained quiet by my side, silently comforting me.

We headed back to school in time for me to meet up with the closing time.
My dad was waiting for me once the closing bell rang.

I muttered my greeting to which he didn't reply, we silently boarded the bus and rode home.

"Cook something quickly, I'm hungry" he said when we got home.
"Okay sir" I muttered walking to the kitchen.
I made pasta for him, a sauce Pamela made some days ago was in the fridge so I warmed it up for him.

After eating he said, "I have lots of work to do, Mercy would be coming to stay with you and your siblings over night. Behave yourself" he warned, he left without a goodbye after.

Pamela came back with, Lucinda and Louise half an hour later, they met me trying to stuff down pasta down my throat because my appetite has been really bad and I got easily irritated with food. Ruby promised we'd squeeze time to go to the hospital for check up.

"Hi" Pamela hugged me.
"Hey" I replied.
"Good afternoon Zemela" Lucinda and Louise greeted me.
"Afternoon" I managed a smile.

Pamela sat beside me, "good to see you're eating" she whispered with a smile, she looked my mom for a brief second.
"My tummy started protesting" I said.

"I'm glad"
"Dad, isn't coming home tonight, Aunt Mercy is staying with us" I informed her.
She hissed sounding like our grandma, "I'm getting tired if all these"
I shrugged, "I feel like having beans" I said

"Beans? You don't like beans"
"Well now I feel like eating it. I like it now" I told her.
"Wow!" She shook her head. After freshening up she made dinner-beans.

Aunt Mercy came in around seven.
She cooked something else for herself because, according to her, she doesn't eat beans.

"Daddy told me this morning that I would start working at Mateo's" she informed me when we were alone in the kitchen.
"That's good" I said. We didn't say anything to each other again.

"Goodnight" Pamela hugged me before I went into my room.
In my room, I cried and prayed before sleeping which had already become a routine for me, few seconds alone and tears are already streaming down my cheeks.

~

I woke up and the first thing I did was run to the bathroom to throw up, my boobs were sore too.

I managed to take a shower without throwing up, Aunty Mercy took me to school as always, Pamela took Lucinda and Louise with her.

"I'll be the one to pick you up today" she said, I nodded and headed inside.