Chapter 4 Healing Essenses

First breath of air entered through me freshly as I noticed the quietness starting off the top of my morning. Not a stellar jay bird chirping this morning— had I woke too late? Stretching my arms, releasing the sleep out of me to look over at my irregular alarm clock that fails to do it's purpose. 10 minutes after 10, Im late and had to be at healing essences: a small spiritual shop that cells dream catchers, crystals, sage, mandalas, essential oils, jewelry and books. Anything— you name it. Well I promised to be there around 7:30 ish.

Recently, about a week ago a very mellowed boho hippie teen girl that works there came across me— hadn't picked up her name but she gave me a flyer to attend this poetry night that's quite local; also gave me a job offer which is good news in such a dilemma. Gazing at the flyer on my desk I reconsidered this as a possible opportunity I'd hate to miss for a few hours of rest. Springing up with the motivation that sparked my soul, I get straight to my closet—flipping through limited options. A black France puffy sleeve baby doll dress that falls down to mid thigh with fishnets or distressed jeans and a white pink floral open back top.

Choosing the dress, I throw over my knitted black tote bag that pairs oh so flawlessly— with my black platform Harley Davidson boots my dad gifted. Too small but not compacted enough to dump them quite yet. I'd wear them till my toes splurge out or the soles start speaking. Which is never. They have a belt latch over the top; chains; red detailed logo; silver patches and a big tongue in the back.

Slipping them on tied the whole outfit together seamlessly. Exiting my room, galloping down stairs to check if my mother is home, unsurprisingly I see a note on the kitchen island. Picking it up while having to turn it sideways, squint, dissect and guess because my mothers handwriting was profoundly different. Small letters with partial cursive:

All of the money is back onto your card. I'm sorry, I'll be back Tommarow night. Another business run! Love you lots. Food in the fridge.
Xoxo- mom.

What's new with this woman? Absolutely nothing. She's just as predictable as the outcome of jumping off a 100 story building. Your neck would break, yeah. Now I have something to attend to but listen, I'll dig into the crevices of where she truly is. I'll dive to the root of this idiocy and I don't care of the outcome. The truth will reveal itself— soon. Crumbling the note vexatiously into a ball to leave on the counter for her.

The creaking of my boots along with the dangling chains clacking the metal detailing, fixing the gaps of noiseless blank space in here as I walk into the bathroom to get ready. Brushing my full, luscious, wavy—brown hair while staring into my story telling brown eyes. Next, brushing my teeth throughly then rinsing my flourishing skin gently. Following up with moisturizer, cherry tented lil balm, mascara, and very slight eye liner to accentuate them. Pulling my amethyst necklace out of my shirt making it apparent before I walk out. Pulling out my phone to video call Alex:

*He answers*

Good morning. You up?

Morning Kiki. Yeah what's up?

*Pulling my hair behind my ears.*

Not much, do you want to go with me to healing essences? I met this girl there last week. She wanted to meet up.

Yeah um I'll go with you. But I told RJ I'd hit the gym with him later tonight.

Okay.

Alright I'll come over right now.

Alright see you.