Chapter Twenty Seven.

(Warning: Mature content)

~Somi's POV~

I thanked Wale and got out of the car.

Adams stood at the front of the porch, watching me walk towards him. He had changed from his office clothes to casual wear of black sweatpants, white socks in Nike slides, and a singlet over it.

The halogen lamps in the compound illuminated the surroundings, casting a warm glow over everything. The pool at the front shone brightly as the light reflected on it, giving it a stunning and alluring scenery.

He opened his arms wide as I shyly walked towards him, pulling me into a warm hug.

I smiled at him, then quickly pulled away, self-conscious of my dress. "I'm sticky," I protested.

He inspected my dress and raised an eyebrow. "I got a drink spilled on me," I explained.

"Hey," I said looking at the little dumb bell tattoo on his arm which I'd never questioned him about before. "When did you get your tat?"

He nodded with a pursed lip. "When I was young and into the world, back in my school days."

I smiled. "And you're older and repentant now?"

No wonder his parents had refused Amira to go and study in London, he must have been wild then. It was from his experience that her chances had been ruined.

He chuckled and took my hand, leading me inside, I was again hit by the opulence of it all. The high ceilings, the plush furniture, the beautiful artwork on the walls - everything was so grand and magnificent.

I couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by it all again.

Thrill coursed through my veins as I looked at him and found a bouquet of fresh red roses hovering over my nose.

The flower was huge, and I chuckled nervously, dropping my bag on one plush cushion and taking it from him. I sniffed into it.

My heart had been skipping since I came in, and I wondered if it could hold me through the entire night.

He dropped a light kiss on my cheek as he led me to a set dinner.

"You hired a cook?"

"A chinese chef, yeah?"

I tried to hide my blush. "I thought you'd cook?"

"And ruin the night?"

I laughed at his remark.

"I don't feel comfortable in this dress." I pouted.

"But I like it." His eyes wandered my body. I glared at him. "What?" He questioned innocently. "You can take it off and shower upstairs." He walked towards a couch and plopped down, his eyes following me.

I nodded, dropping the rose beside him and heading to the staircase.

I turned to look at him while ascending the stairs and saw his eyes fixed on my ass.

He noticed I'd caught him, and he wore a silly smile on his lips after maintaining eye contact for a while.

I dashed upstairs to the spare room I'd stayed in the night before our trip. Quickly taking off the dress and putting it into the washer in the bathroom.

Then I took a quick shower, scrubbing off the remnant of sticky mango juice from my body. Once I was done, I quickly dried off and headed into the closet, my eyes scanning the racks for something comfortable but sexy. I opted for a boat-neck drop shoulder waffle knit lounge two-piece set. My curves and skin were going to be on display, and I wanted it to be despite the cold apartment.

RESOLVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें