413. Time Traveler

Ben is having a meeting with Anna Heartfilia at his house now. He has some things to talk about with this woman who traveled through time from 400 years ago. She also wants to talk with him because the purpose of her time travel was to defeat Acnologia, and Ben was the one who achieved her purpose.

"Were you really taught by a Dragon?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Because I don't remember sending you along with the other children."

Ben smirks because now he knows that Anna & Zeref were the ones who sent Wendy, Natsu, Gajeel, Sting, & Rogue from the past in order to slay Acnologia.

"I was taught by a Dragon, the Sun Dragon who was an Ancient Dragon God, Escanor. However, I was not born in the same era as those 5 at the Age of Dragons. I was born in this Era and taught magic by Escanor at this Era too."

"So the Sun Dragon survived Acnologia's hunt?"

"Well, he was never there, to begin with. Escanor has passed away even before the 1st Dragon Slayer appeared. The one that taught me wasn't his real self, it's a part of his soul that he left to find a successor."

Ben tells Anna the story that the entity who revived him here has prepared. He only told this detailed story to a few people, and now he tells this to Anna because he knows he needs to tell her. She won't buy any random story because she was the one who prepared the 1st Generation Dragon Slayer personally.

"So you were taught by a soul for a while and then it disappeared. Because his soul disappeared, he couldn't perform Dragon Soul Technique to remove the effect of your Dragon Seed, huh? Then how did you remove that effect without Dragon Soul Technique."

Anna is intrigued, so Ben tells her that he learned Sun Devil & God Slayer Magic to suppress the Dragon Seed. It confuses Anna, so Ben needs to tell some details to her. His explanation surprises Anna because she never thought it was possible.

"Are you sure you are a human?"

"Last time I checked, yeah. Anyway, I wanted to meet you to ask something important. You were the one who made the Eclipse Gate with Zeref, right?"

Anna gets serious instantly and she gets wary of Ben.

"What about it?"

"I need your help to make one."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?"

Anna shouts while hitting the table, but Ben just sits there calmly.

"Just listen to my explanation first, alright? You aren't young anymore, your bones might break if you hit the table that hard."

"Tch, I'll listen to the nonsense you're about to say."

Ben smiles thinly and starts telling Anna what he's planning to do. Anna listens half-heartedly, but then she gradually widens her eyes as he listens to Ben's explanation. Ben looks very serious too and it scares Anna even though he doesn't intimidate her.

"Are you serious? Thousands of Dragons, and you want to fight them alone?"

"Why not? I will do anything for my children's lives even if I need to fight the whole world and be something worse than Acnologia."

Anna thinks for a rather long time and Ben doesn't say anything. He just waits for her answer patiently because he doesn't want to force her. Then after minutes of thinking, Anna finally agrees to it.

"Fine, but we will destroy the Gate after you used it. I don't want to play with time and space anymore because it's very dangerous."

"Alright, let's start the project tomorrow."