CHAPTER 19: BANQUET

The next day, a letter came to the Duchess Manor which shook the house upside down. It was inside a white and gold card that signifies the royal family. Though, the reason why the Duke was such in a chaos was because of the stamp on it.

     Phoenix. It was the official stamp of the Empress. And having to receive a letter directly from the Empress means that you are about to receive something 'big'.

     The letter said to be prepared and attend a banquet that will be held in the palace 5 days from now. By that, the Duke ordered everyone in the manor to assist the second lady in everything that she might need while calling the most famous salon to order a dress meant for an important occasion.The manor was noisy up until the day the banquet was held.

_________________________________________

     The banquet hall was filled with strange decorations and unusual displays of food. It even has four very long tables and a table with Imperial family chairs on it. Without asking, all people knew that, that must be where the Royal Family will be seated.

     Whispers were heard as Nobles and Aristocrats were being guided towards their designated tables and chairs. They immediately knew that this banquet might not need no dance floor as it appears to be that they would be eating?

     All people in the banquet were confused yet they are also excited as to what and how the events will fold.

     Soon after, the Imperial Family showed up and all people in the banquet stood up, clapping as they gave respect and recognition to the Royal Family's presence.

     A short while after the Royal Family had taken their seat, servants that were wearing strange uniforms appeared and started to give out papers with menus on it. They are even asked different questions. Like how would they like their drink? Will it be cold or hot? Would they prefer lots of sugar or less sweet drinks ? Do they have any particular allergies ? Or do they have any food that they prefer to not eat?

     Half an hour after the servants finished asking and vanished to thin air, they all appeared again pushing one medium cart each. With each one of them assigned to serve three people.

     Nobles and Aristocrats realized that the servants that asked them questions were the same servants who were assigned to them so they waited as they put their 'orders in front of each attendees .

     " I am exclusively ordered to cater to you today, please tell me if you have any requests. "

     The hall echoed after all the servants said that in unison. The Nobles and Aristocrats and even the Royal Family were amused at how in sync they are. The signal from the King was then given and all attendees started to eat.

     One by one, they exclaimed and commented on how good the dishes were that even though it were all desserts and snacks, eating them is fulfilling.

     The silent hall came buzzing with conversations and laughter as they continued to eat. The servants then asked them if they wanted to ' order ' more dishes which made their faces beams

     " Such unique style. It feels as though I am eating in a prestigious dining room. "

     One of the noble commented which the others had seconded.

     When all the guests had their fill, the servants then walked towards the back and stood in line. As the Empress stand up, all eyes were on her.

     " I hope all of you had liked the food today as I myself, is quite satisfied. The true intention of today's banquet was for me to introduce a person whom I wanted to give my deal with. "

     Whispered were heard all over the hall as all people present have heard about the idea of the Empress testing someone from the last banquet. They knew about this yet they never expected for it to be this early. As it wasn't even past a week yet.

     " You might have an idea about who this person might be but I will introduce her properly. "

     A girl step inside the banquet hall. Wearing a light pink dress with have a red shade on the ends. An off shoulder dress with fitted top and flowy bottom. Accessorize with a diamond necklace and diamond earings. You can also see small diamonds on the waist of her dress and a light pink sandals.

     All people gasp as they watch her walk gracefully at the center, walking directly to the table where the Royal Family was.

     With her blonde hair that radiates in the lights of the chandeliers, people soon saw the difference between the two sisters.

     They all seem to unconsciously agree that there are drastic difference between the sisters. With eyes that seem to be sleepy, her bloody red eyes would often peek through if the lights shine directly to her. Small yet pointed nose, small face, porcelain white skin, beauty mark on her nose and below her eyes and strict facial expression unlike her sister who had big blue eyes and angel-like innocent face, she seemed to be just like an angel too, but a mysterious one as she ooze a sense of sophistication.

     The people soon smiled as they remember the youngest child of the Grand Duke of the West. The trouble maker Duchess of Corzen. Upon seeing Dianna for the first time, all were amused by how identical she is to her father yet the innocent type. And with the duke having excellent genes, they were not worried as to what the child would look like and they weren't disappointed upon seeing Dianna when the Duke introduce her to the public for the first time.

     But seeing the second lady of the House of Corzen made them feel like having two excellent genes together married together should not be allowed as they will all gobble up the opportunity to produce such a beauty. They were somehow sad though, as she is too skinny.