CHAPTER 38 : MEETING

The Crown Prince accompanied the lady towards the carriage after a servant notified them that her cousins had been waiting outside. Knowing the tempers of the Guillem, Clastel carefully assisted Devaine as it was already getting dark.

     He then saw how fierce the first and second young master of Guillem looked at him upon seeing him holding Devaine's hand as he escorted her. Such a scary family.

     Devaine said her goodbyes while the two men did not even bother to look at him. Tempers.

-----------------------------

     It was early in the morning when countless men from different houses were eagerly waiting outside the palace. Today was the day Devaine told the crown prince that she would be willing to attend a meeting with the heads before she would be busy renovating and branching out.

     In the last two days, the heads of houses from different places did their best to reach the capital and attend todays meeting. Some even traveled without rest just to be able to go.

     A big pitch black carriage stopped infront of them. The knights of the palace including young men that accompanied their fathers upon knowing that two young masters from Guillem would also be attending can't hide their joy upon seeing the two come down from the carriage. The two had told the crown prince that they would be willing to train some men as they waited for Devaine as she attends he meeting.

     A girl in black and white dress emerged from the carriage. With a simple dress that hides the neckline and had sleeves, she was able to look sophisticated.

     " Don't forget your baskets. I'll have you informed when the meeting ends. "

     Devaine told the two which they both nodded. Servants emerged from the other carriage and all of them were holding baskets. Even the knights that accompanied them and the coachman were holding one.

     As they split their way, all servants that came with them followed the young masters after giving Devaine a bow.

     " I am glad you were dressed warmly this time. "

     The Crown Prince said as he offered his arm to accompany the lady and head inside.

     " Are you afraid I might stole your coat again? "

     The heads quietly followed the two as they asked each other if the two were ever this close.

     " Naa. You could use all my coats and I won't say a thing. "

     Devaine flashed a small smile as they enter the meeting hall. Clastel then pulled her a seat beside the center seat where he would be sitting.

     The meeting started as the head of the houses took their turns to speak.

     " It is not an excuse that you were short on funds that is why you could only do that much on border walls. That is why I had told your daughter to talk to you about that matter and for you to seek my aunt but you somehow did not fully understand that and seek my grandfather instead. Was the message that hard to understand? "

     A Baron from the South flushed red in shame as he heard Devaine's words. While the others did not bother to open their mouths in fear that they would anger the lady as they have yet to take their turn.

     " Baron. I am giving you another chance as I have met your daughter and she clearly wanted to help you. Send a letter to my Aunt, Winter Guillem and ask her to lend you funds in reparing the walls. It may be your fault that you had not used the funds given to you by the imperial palace to repair those walls and instead use it to improve the lives of your people but safety is not something you should forget. She will be willing to lend you funds if you were to write my name as I have already talked to her about that matter. Do not ever inconvenience my grandfather as he already had his hands full in protecting this kingdom and going on war. Do you understand me, Baron? "

     The man, said sorry and told her that he understand and will be doing what she said. This time, he'll be doing it right.

     " I was suppose to let the imperial merchant to do the export of ceramic goods. "

     Several men sadly lowered their heads upon hearing Devaine. They were asking her if she were to let them be the one to export the ceramic goods. 

     " I never knew the ceramic business was this popular. " Devaine said as she put her palm on her cheek.

     The men then gladly said their compliments the ceramics as to somehow change Devaine's decision.

     " Hmmm. It seems you are all eager to do the job. Then visit our estate as the production of those were there. Seek my Uncle, Astero on that matter as he is someone I had trusted in that business. Be sure to prepare a well prepared proposal and be sure that your carriages are all in perfect condition as you all know ceramics were quite fragile. If you were to give him a pitiful proposal, you all know what you would get. "

     " Marquis, are you confident in your goods ? "

     " Then send me a sample of your cacao produce and I'll decide wether I'd like to buy or not. "

     " A grain ? Send me a sample as soon as possible. "

     " I'm afraid I could not help you with the problem about the pests but I do have a solution for the irrigation... "

     " I liked your proposal, send me a copy of that so I could read it more carefully. "

     " Funding for the newly found mine? A red gem mine? Send my aunt Evanica a letter. She had been searching for a red gem mine for a while now. "

     " I do need some new people for I will be branching out and extending both stores. Do let them meet the Crown Prince and let him decide if they are capable."

     " Why me ? "

     " I did all the talking today. You should atleast be useful."