VI

Judah Skye Mizrahi
Mannhhattan New York
Tuesday 12:55 am
Dec 1st.

Judah rolled his eyes as he flipped through channels on Hulu live TV, Nothing but early charlie brown christmas movies, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Friday after next was available.

Judah never understood the history of Christmas nor the importance of it since Christianity wasn't a religion that he practiced. Nonetheless, December 25th was just like any other day for him and his family.

Although Jonah practiced Christianity, he and their father Creed didn't celebrate Christmas by gifting gifts instead they went around preaching in the New York streets.

He said it was "god speaking through them". When Jonah and Monet started a family they decided that they would be celebrating Christmas by gift-giving with their children. Judah would stop by on Christmas Eve to place his gifts for his niece and nephew under the tree when they were sleeping.

He avoided all interactions with Aaliyah and Corey because he was embarrassed. He didn't want them to remember him as the hyped-out uncle, instead, he wanted to be the fun uncle and the uncle they came to him when their parents said no.

Under Judah's whole facade, he wanted the white picket fence love or "The American fairytale." He wasn't sure if he was capable of it though.

Judah sighed as he escaped his thoughts and rolled over onto his stomach. He was getting hungry, which annoyed him because he knew Jonah and Monet wouldn't be okay with him popping up in the middle of the night.

Instead, he huffed as he stood up to find his keys and coat. So he could make his way to the nearest waffle house. He ignored Roy's whines as he exited his home and entered his car.

19 minutes later, Judah was entering the 24-hour open Waffle house. He was greeted by an older lady with salt and pepper-toned hair.

Judah stepped up to order his food, he tapped his phone against the scanner and took hold of his receipt.

Judah strolled over to an open booth that appeared to be freshly wiped down with dawn dish soap and bleach.

His attention slowly retreated to the door as he heard the signature wind chimes. A male who looked no younger than Judah walked in and glanced around.

He and Judah made eye contact before Judah looked away, he was weirded out. He wasn't gay and had zero intentions of giving the man that idea.

Judah unlocked his phone as he sulked into his booth further, his legs slightly swinging apart as he became very impatient and uncomfortable.

He tried to ignore the feeling of being watched but he couldn't shake the feeling. He wanted to look up and ask the Male why he was staring but didn't have the energy nor the care for it. He just felt weirded out.

"This seat taken?" A voice called out causing Judah to pause from watching Instagram reels. He looked up to the male, who had just walked in a couple of minutes ago.

Judah ignored him, looking back down hoping that he got the hint. "I'm going to take that as a no," He spoke and Judah could feel him sliding into the booth across from him.

Judah huffed getting ready to stand up. "Chill, I ain't trynna do you nun bad. You just look sad and it's the holidays, nobody should be sad near the holidays," He quickly spoke catching Judah's attention.

Judah just stared at him with a hard mug. "You talk or what?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

Judah nodded sliding his phone into his pocket, the male chuckled as he let his eyebrows back down.