First Meet

Word Count: 956

✧༺♥༻✧

The battle was intense. Both sides fought very well. Upper-rank demon and Hashira clashing together. All the while, the demon proposed the same question...

✧༺♥༻✧

"Become a demon Kyojuro!" Akaza shouted at Kyojuro as he dodged another swing of the Hashira's sword. 

"Never! I do not like you. I will not become a demon!" 

Akaza sighed in annoyance. The man he loved refused his offer, time and time again. He did not want to kill Kyojuro. Akaza was hoping he could scare him into accepting, but it seemed his efforts were in vain. 

Akaza jumped back as Kyojuro launched another attack in his direction. 

"Fight back!" Kyojuro yelled. Akaza took a glance at the quickly brightening sky. He would need to decide whether or not to kill this flame hashira. He can't disobey Lord Muzan. So, the Flame Hashira would, unfortunately, have to die...

But before Akaza could bestow his finishing blow to the Hashira, it felt like someone tapped him on the shoulder. Akaza swung his fist at the person behind him, but when he looked, no one was there...

"What the..." Akaza mumbled to himself. Kyojuro, taking Akaza's confusion as an opportunity, swung his sword toward Akaza's wide-open neck. Unfortunately, Akaza's reflexes were faster. He jumped back, the Nichiren blade just barely missing his neck. 

When Akaza looked up at the sky, he saw he would have no time to kill the hashira. He would have to flee the scene immediately. If he didn't, he would risk exposure to the deadly sun. 

As Akaza sprinted away, he shouted to Kyojuro that one day, he would return. 

Once the demon was gone and the sun had almost fully risen, Kyojuro finally took a sigh of relief. He was bloody and bruised but still breathing. He was able to protect everyone on the Mugen train, not one soul had passed that night. (Except for Enmu, of course.)

"RENGOKU-SAN!!!" He looked behind him to see Tanjiro limping towards him. Tears were streaming down his face. He approached and hurriedly asked, "Are you okay?! That was upper 3!" 

"I'm alright little flame. How is that wound in your stomach? Is everyone on the train alright?" Kyojuro asked, turning to look at the damaged and derailed train. 

"Yes, it feels much better now thanks to you! And everyone on the train is still alive, though battered and injured, nothing needs immediate attention. Thank you Rengoku-san, you saved us all."

Kyojuro was happy...but he didn't like the threat the demon left. He didn't want more people to be harmed simply because a demon was obsessed with him. He looked out into the woods again where Akaza ran off. The sun was up now, but Kyojuro still worried about when they would inevitably meet again...

✧༺♥༻✧

Akaza ran as fast as he could to escape the quickly approaching sun. He frantically looked for refuge, in a cave or perhaps a cabin, fortunately for him, he saw the perfect place to hide. It was hard to spot but there was a cave opening covered by trees and bushes. He eagerly jumped into the cave and ran to the back wall to avoid the sun's rays that kept on growing. He could feel his skin, singed slightly from getting so close to the sun. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Akaza was not out of the woods yet... Lord Muzan would be very displeased to know that his uppermoon had failed his mission. He didn't kill a single person on that train. The hashira was alive and so were the other slayers. Akaza was in for hell and he knew it. But for now, he was saved by the very thing that could kill him, the sun. Lord Muzan would have to scold him once dusk had fallen and the sun had set once again. 

As he sat in that cave just waiting for the sun to set again his thoughts drifted to other more pleasant things.

Kyojuro... Something was different about him... Anytime Akaza looked at him his heart fluttered. He was strong but beautiful. Stubborn but it was commendable. Akaza felt as if every time Kyojuro declined his offer was a punch to the gut. 'I don't like you.' Those words reverberated through his head with a painful ring. He's never felt this way before... At least he didn't think he had. Why? Why did Kyojuro's words sting like blows? Why did he have to be so stubborn... And cute...

Wait what? Akaza's own thoughts caught him by surprise. "I mean, I suppose the flame Hashira is good-looking..." He mumbled to himself.

Akaza looked back at the entrance of the cave. The sun was still high in the air. Akaza wanted to see Kyojuro as soon as possible, but he dreaded the next night. He would have to report to Lord Muzan before finding Kyojuro... A shiver went through him involuntarily.

Another thing Akaza thought of as he sat in the dank and dark cave. Who was that person who touched him? It couldn't have been just him, right? That's never happened to him before... No one was there, but he could swear someone had touched his shoulder...

The demon didn't sleep. He didn't need it. So he just laid in that cave all day long. Waiting for the sun to set. His thoughts ran amuck like a wild train gone off the tracks. So many unanswered questions. One thing he knew for sure though, he had to see Kyojuro again. He needed to explore this strange feeling more...

✧༺♥༻✧

...

...

...

Thanks for reading this first chapter! Don't worry, I will continue the Kokudoukaza story eventually. I just wanted to work on something new is all.