Chapter 36 - Sam

I took a moment to glance back at Holly as she walked away with Evan, his hand linked in hers. If those two get together, we may have a new Mahani. One worry at a time, I tell myself. My thoughts are pulled back to the present as Dean calms down enough to tell his father what happened.

We are far from the Pack housing, and there is no way we are shifting. Leah speaks to the elder Blood Alpha before I can get a word out. This girl is quick-thinking; I'll give her that. I'm so proud of all my children, blood or adopted.

"We aren't allowed to shift, so I'm not sure how we can get back to where the wolves are that need our help. Can you call someone to bring a vehicle of some sort?" She asks the elder wolf, not wanting to interrupt the conversation between Dean and the Blood Alpha.

"Of course." The man's eyes brightened momentarily before he turned back to my daughter. "If I may ask, why aren't you allowed to shift?"

I expected this question since there has been no contact between this pack and the Mahani for nearly a hundred years. "We are only allowed to shift when surrounded by Mahani," I answered him. "Before we go further, I want to ensure you have a contact number in case you need anything or we get separated," I said, expertly turning his attention to something else. He turned away to retrieve his cell phone from a backpack in the middle of the small clearing.

A camouflaged, four-door pick-up truck arrived within a few minutes. I sat in the front with the Blood Alpha as Jones left via a ring. The rest sat in the back seat while the wolf that brought it shifted, then ran beside us the whole way back.

During the ride, I told him what we knew and who we thought was involved. His eyes brightened a few times as he told people to meet us at the infirmary. The Luna and Beta, with their son, were waiting for us as we pulled up. Word spread quickly, and more pack members crowded around the building, making me leery of the situation. I understood they just wanted a look at the Mahani wolves, but I was getting nervous since it was still only Leah and myself, with no Alphas to guard us.

"May we open a portal to get additional help for these wolves? I know Blood Alpha Jones must be present, but our Omegas will be able to help, too." I asked my Montross counterpart, trying to get support without seeming like we were taking over.

"You may. My Beta has been beside himself with worry over his son." He was staring at the man practically holding the young man up on his feet. My heart went out to him as my own eyes glowed.

As we exited the truck, two portals opened, side by side, by the entrance to the medical building. My loving wife and four Omegas dressed in scrubs came through one. When I glanced at the other, I saw Blood Alphas Jones and Kelly stepping through. I was thrilled to see Brian as he evened our odds of getting out alive if they attacked.

"You poor baby!" My wife fussed as she went to the one that must be Theo. "Where is Bruce and Andy?" she asked loudly.

The other two were brought over by what I would guess is their families, all looking worried.

"Sam, can you take Andy inside and find out if anyone else was there while removing the commands? Brian, you take Bruce. Jack, you can start with Theo." she turned to the Omegas and motioned one to each of them and one to float in between. She then turned to the Luna Montross. "I'm sorry, where are my manners? My name is Lily. I'm just so stressed over these events!" My little Omega's heart is hurting so much over what's happened.

The Montross pack didn't even blink over my mate coming in and taking over. Her Omega status and being the Luna were evident to everyone there, so no one felt threatened by her presence or her issuing orders.

The Montross Luna smiled at her and pulled her in for a hug. Before grabbing Andy, I checked on Leah as she looked around at the various members of the Pack.

"Anything?" I asked her silently.

"No one here is evil, but I wonder if they know that Dean is not the next Blood Alpha? Should we tell them?" she asked me.

"Let's feel the situation out first." I knew he wasn't, but he was still the Blood Alpha's son, so he had the authority to ask for our help.

Once we all got busy working with the boys, time flew by. We found three others who were also with Theo that day and absolved the commands from them, too. Thankfully, they hadn't met their mates yet. Leah kept guard on us and observed the pack members, looking for any that were evil or abusive. By the time we were finished and the sun had set, she had found none, and I was thrilled.

The Blood Alpha invited us for dinner, and we accepted gratefully as we were starving, and the food smelled so good. The Beta's family was joining us as Theo slept off his ordeal in the infirmary. The mates would be here in the morning to do a formal Mate Meet. All of the wolves wanted to keep their mates, thank the Goddess.

"Thank you so much for all of your help today. I am so glad we can call on you now," the Luna Montross said with emotion. "It's been hard over the years," her voice softened as she finished setting the table.

"We are here to help," Leah said as she put her hand over the Luna's. Just as my daughter turned away, her head jerked up. We all looked over to what caught her attention, and then, as one, all the Mahani stood at attention and nodded to the young girl who had walked into the room carrying a platter of food.

The Blood Alpha, Beta, and their families saw our automatic reaction and turned to the young girl, who couldn't be more than 11 years old.

"Well, would you look at that," Glenn Montross stated as he got to his feet.

We didn't have to tell him. He knew instantly. Their next Blood Alpha was his Beta's daughter.

Lily leaned down to Dean and whispered, "She's also your mate."

*******

Another blow to the chaos that is Blood Alpha Sands! --April