Chapter 51 - Nicolas

It's been a week since Lachlan and Grace left, and the commands are already finished. It took less time than anyone expected.

I believe part of that is because of the shared dreams. Lachlan is stronger mentally than a regular pack wolf. The previous Blood Alpha, Ben Sinclair, ensured he received help from a Gamma he trusted to keep quiet. That Gamma taught him coping skills used by the Mahani so he didn't crumble.

Blood Alpha Cooper is giving no information, but I'm sensing there are Mahani descendants in this pack. I'd like to know if my mate and her brothers are part of that line. There may not have been one in the last generation or so, but there are some here. The Gamma knowing our techniques is proof.

Before the Mate Meet, Lachlan and I had a sex conversation. He understands Grace can, but with her past, he needs to let her have complete control and be on top. I recommended using a sitting position, with his back against the headboard, or maybe not in a bed. A big, comfy chair or couch would do. Whatever she is comfortable with.

After Grace's coming of age, her Gamma introduced self-pleasure to her therapy. They wanted her to understand that sex wasn't bad.

It's similar to what I'm going through with Will. He and I have spent a few small sessions working on his association of sex with death. I'm so glad Kayla wasn't upset that he had prayed for her not to have children. She took it in stride and accepted that the Moon Goddess had a plan.

Looking over, I see my beautiful lady in the side courtyard putting up decorations for Grace and Lachlan's ceremony, which will be held late this afternoon. Luna Lily is also out there with several Mahani.

"I don't understand, Daddy. How come it isn't with the moon?" My little princess asks.

"Because they are not transferring power, sweetie. The Moon Goddess doesn't need to boost the Blood Alpha's powers so that he can do that. We are just celebrating the mating." I tried to explain it in a way she would understand.

I didn't want to say that Luna Lily thinks it will give Grace that slight push she needs to complete the mating. They can't go any further with Lachlan until they are marked. His strength has been tested, and he can fully take her powers, unlike the other Beta they did this with.

"I can't wait to put on my gold dress!" Debra exclaimed.

I glanced around at the décor completely done in emerald green and gold. With Grace's red hair, it will match perfectly. After the ceremony, they are doing a dessert buffet and dancing.

Bluey will love it.

The happy couple returned this morning and are currently napping together. They will fly back tomorrow. The hope is they will complete the mating tonight, and Lachlan can spend a few days learning control so he doesn't accidentally set something on fire.

"Hey there, handsome."

I was so lost in thought that I didn't see Kayla approach, but now that she's close, I pull her in for a kiss.

Giggles interrupt us as we both look down at Debra. "Can I get dressed now?!"

*******

"We will begin with Grace Cooper-Sinclair," said the Sinclair Blood Alpha, who asked to do this ceremony.

Grace looks so beautiful in her sleeveless emerald green gown. Her Little is nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing she may come out later, but I hope she doesn't. Adult Grace needs this. This girl I helped for years stood tall and smiled, her eyes only on her mate.

"You were always there for me,
The tender wind that carries me,
A light in the dark shining your love into my life,
You've been my inspiration,
Through the lies - you were the truth,
My world is a better place because of you.

You were my strength when I was weak,
You were my voice when I couldn't speak,
You were my eyes when I couldn't see,
You saw the best there was in me,
You lifted me up when I couldn't reach,
You gave me faith because you believed,
I'm everything I am,
Because you loved me."

Murmurs are heard as she finishes, but the one that catches my attention is from Aubrey. Keith still hasn't left her side. When he must work, she lays in a recliner now in his office. She was released from the infirmary two days ago.

"I feel that way too," Keith heard her soft voice as he pulled her into a side hug. They are sitting beside my lady.

My attention is drawn back to Lachlan as he clears his throat.

"Tonight it's very clear, as we are both standing here,
there is so many things I want to say.
I will always love you,
I will never leave you alone.

Sometimes I may forget,
And say things I will regret,
It breaks my heart to see you crying.
I don't want to lose you,
I could never make it alone.

You keep me standing tall, you help me through it all,
I'm always strong when you're beside me.
I have always needed you.

For I am a man who would fight for your honor,
I'll be the hero you're dreaming of.
We'll live forever,
Knowing together,
That we did it all,
For the glory of love."

The love these people have could be felt through the pack link. I was also getting a double dose of it through the Mahani link. I held onto my mate as I felt almost drunk on love.

"As Blood Alpha of the Sinclair pack, I would like to officially welcome our newest member and ask the Moon Goddess to bless this union."

Grace and Lachlan kissed as the crowd stood and cheered. Several walked up to the platform to hug the happy couple, which reminded me that I had one more thing to accomplish today.

"Keith, Holly is here. Do you want an introduction?" I asked through the pack link.

Holly and Evan had flown in with Grace and Lachlan. The Blood Alpha Sinclair had decided not to announce who she was.

He glanced at me before following my line of sight. Holly was in the arms of Evan. Per her request, I had told Keith everything, including Holly's wish that Noelle had just left her to be raped rather than lose her life. He knows she never got over what happened.

Knowing she was being watched, Holly looked over, and her eyes locked with Keith's.

He smiled and nodded to her as he pulled Aubrey close for a hug. She did the same while holding tight to Evan.

"I'm glad she's finally happy. Leave her be."

*******

Grace's prose is adapted from Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.

Lachlan's prose is adapted from Glory of Love by Peter Cetera.