Love & War

📍Alligator Pond , Jamaica | 🗓️ Same Day

Micheal's POV

As I pull in to park my car, my eyes notice Noelle running towards the beach.

The girls she was with last night were with her, and they didn't seem to have happy expressions on their faces.

Wonder ah wah gwaan...

I was supposed to be here over an hour ago, but my mom wanted to stop by her sister's house before we left out.

I knew she wasn't gonna be quick, but I did not expect her to spend 2 whole hours inna di ooman house.

After wrapping up her business, I picked up my sister Renee and we left out.

When the car comes to a stop, my mother and sister start to maneuver out of the car, taking off their seatbelts and moving around back to the trunk.

I hop out my seat and lock the doors of the car before helping them remove beach bags.

"Renee yuh love walk and carry tings, look how much kuroches yuh have pack up in here" my mother says to my sister.

Renee has her airpods in, so I doubt she is even hearing anything she is saying.

"Mhmm....sorry bout dat" is all she says, rolling her eyes to showcase her annoyance.

Dem always inna argument, and mi nuh waan deal wid dat today.

"Micheal, yuh bawn wid two hands, hurry up and tek out di bag dem nuh mon" my mother's attention is now on me, her frustration rising by the second.

"Cool nuh mon, me will carry di bags dem, unuh just go find a bench pon the beach" I say to them, taking all the bags and locking the trunk.

I follow behind them as they walk out of the parking area and onto the sand.

The sun was beaming down today, it seems like Jamaica heats up by the day.

I spot Nickoi and Nardo at a table near the water, and we make our way over to them.

After greeting everyone, and saying our hellos, I scan the area for Noelle and her cousins who seem to have gone missing.

Wifey gone already?

I spot one of the girls from last night near the main building on the beach, she was with Blacks and it didn't seem like their conversation was taking a positive turn.

Noelle and another girl were standing near them listening in, neither of them seemed bold enough to interfere.

I could see her draping up his shirt in her fist as she screams at him, he seems to be trying to push her away but her grip is tight.

Blacks deh wid a mad ooman.....she look like she bawn fi beat man.

I look over at Nickoi who seems to also be tuned in to the scene.

"Ah wah gwaan ova desso?" I ask him.

"Shane" is all he says as his hands move to reach for his phone.

"Shane? Wah bout Shane? She ah fuck pon him?"

Some gyal wicked....she really ah gi Blacks bun?

Nickoi shakes his head, "No sah Shane ah her bredda, ah Noelle cousin dem"

Noelle cousin dem? Wait....so di dutty crawsis bwoy a Noelle cousin?

"That mek everything complicated enuh mi fada" I voice to Nickoi.

Wait complicated fi who? Dat ah easy fix enuh.