Twenty-Somethings

**** The Next Week / Friday, April 21st 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

Logic is often presented as something that is purely objective.

But in many cases logic, and what can be considered logical, is incredibly subjective.

People could look at my decision to move to Jamaica, after a only month of knowing Micheal as incredibly illogical.

"Yuh just meet di man, why yuh suh frighten fi buddy..."

"What if di man ah wah mad man, like ah murderer or sumn"

The list of statements can go on and on, and rightfully so.

But, when I was making my decision, to be quite honest...mi neva did ah think bout none ah dat.

Serious time now...

Let's call a spade ah spade, dat did kinda yamish doh?

Not much I can change about that now, I was sitting here with his two children inside my stomach.

We were so deep into this shit called life together that there was no turning back.

Knowing that I would soon have to pack up my stuff and move to Panama, all I could think about was how incredibly surreal my life has become over night.

Feel like seh mi inna wah James Bond movie to raatid.

I knew that it would be too risky to stay here in Jamaica, and I could not live with myself if we stayed and sumn happen to Micheal or the babies.

If it meant having my family upset with me for a short period of time, I was willing to do it to gain the reward of being free from this shit.

Mi trust seh him ago protect we.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, trying to catch up on some of the shows I was being on.

The office closed early today, due to a half day we had scheduled, so I have been home by myself for the past two hours just lounging.

I was rewatching Insecure for the second time, and I was so deep into the show that I had lost track of time.

Young girl like you and yuh lock up inna house...

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle to myself, mi turn twenty-two last year suh in ah way mi young yes, but mi still have likkle maturity pon mi.

At the housewarming party, I had a conversation with all my friends who are moms, all of whom are older than me, except Angel.

They all said that they were homebodies during their pregnancies, and I definitely get what they mean now.

Before Micheal decided fi expand mi tomach mi did out almost every Friday to Sunday.

These days....?

As mi wake up mi ah bawl cause mi miss mi bed and di likkle sleep.

Home, especially this home, is a place of peace and safety for me.

This evening though, I was going to move my body around, mi nah guh mek dem pickney yah bedrest mi.

I was going to get dinner with Keri-Anne and Abi at Gizmo's Chill Spot on Caledonia Road for dinner.