Chapter 2

The walk of dread

The walk of dread.

The walk of dread up the stairs towards the boys dorms where I was supposedly being forced to stay because there were no available female rooms.

Already off to a great start at this school!

There's a boy walking beside me right now, carrying my bags up as we go. Though this one was older than me, probably in his last year and doing work for the office as some extra credit.

He was quiet though. He just gave me a polite smile and began walking and it took me a minute to realize he was the one that was supposed to lead me to my room and he wasn't just randomly taking my bag.

He hadn't talked at all until we finally reached the top, walking to a brown door with the numbers 39 on it.

Knocking a few times, the guy whose name I didn't know, dropped my bags on the floor, waiting for the door to open.

When it did, I honestly just wanted to cry more.

Of course the guys I was living with couldn't be some scrawny, non-intimidating boys.

The guy in front of me looked big. Way too big for a sixteen or seventeen year old. He was taller than me by almost a foot and he had large biceps that were looking a little to yumm- no.

But I mean, he really was gorgeous. Black hair, grey eyes staring down between me and the guy standing beside me, confusion etched into his features. "What do you want, Frank?" He spoke hoarsely, and his voice suited him, it was deep, rough, and just as intimidating as his appearance. Jesus Christ, what kind of vegetables did he eat growing up? Because I really, really wasn't kidding when I said he was huge.

"Gather your other roommates." The guy, whose name I learned was now Frank, spoke for the first time. "You've got another roommate." He nodded his head towards me, causing the guy in the doorway to look at me.

"Her?" He asked in confusion, narrowing his eyes at me as he looked me over.

"Is anyone else around?" Frank snarked and I gaped at his tone.

The guy smirked, but then it fell again as he shook his head. "But she's a girl?" He said, and even though he was talking to him, his eyes were staring straight into mine.

"Yeah, there was a mix up with her applications. She's stuck with you assholes." Frank shrugged before picking up my bags again and walking in the room without an invitation, making me follow in after him, only to come in contact with three other guys, all almost the same height and size as the other.

They all stared at me with their scrutinizing gazes, making me want to shrink into myself. They all turned their heads to the guy that had previously been standing in the doorway, all probably wondering the same thing: why a girl is standing in the middle of their room with an arm full of luggage.