Chapter 17

A/n: I have like two other book ideas that are sounding way more interesting than this one and I'm trying so hard to fight the urge to wait till I'm either finished or almost finished with this book before starting one of the others cuz ik I'm probably not gonna write this one as fast if I start the others...😭😭

Anyways, one of the ones I know I'm doing for sure is Grayson's book, but the one for Alex's might be a bit different, because the first half of the book is just going to be backstory for the fmc before coming to the school, and I don't know if that'd be interesting. I could also technically split it into two books but idk yet tbh

 I could also technically split it into two books but idk yet tbh

"Be quiet." I grumble at Alex upon seeing the amused look shining in his eyes.

"I didn't even say anything." He insists, but he rolls his lips into his mouth to hide his smirk.

I shake my head, ignoring him as I continue to place Cecilia in her bed before tugging her thick, fuzzy blankets over her so she doesn't get cold. "What a lightweight," I murmur to myself.

"Can you come tuck me into bed now, Matteo?" Grayson calls over, his voice strained to sound like a high-pitched girl.

I roll my eyes. "No, fuck you."

He gapes at me before over dramatically falling into his bed, landing headfirst. "How come little Cece gets special treatment?" He sighs sadly.

"Because she's not a dumb piece of shit who took part in a drinking contest until she passed out at my feet." I shoot back, glaring at him.

"Whatevs," he shoos his hand, still visibly drunk.

I roll my eyes, ignoring him and focusing back down at her. Frowning with furrowed eyebrows, I listen as she mumbles a few incoherent words, her eyes still tightly closed. I shake my head, turning away from her to go to my own bed.

I ignore Alex's watchful gaze as I sit on my bed, tiredly blinking the sleepiness out of my eyes.

"Are you going to your parents for break?" He suddenly questions, us being the only two awake people in the room.

I sigh, my jaw clenching. "I don't know, and either way it's not for another month and a half, so my dad has time to decide." I shrug it off.

He hums contemplatively. He knocks his shoulder into mine on the way back to his bed, some traces of alcohol left. "Well, you know my mom practically loves you more than me." He says, his lips tilting up in amusement. "You know you're always welcome to come back to our place for break."

"I'll probably end up staying here anyways." I mumble.

"Maybe Cecilia will stay and you'll get some alone time with her." He arches his eyebrow suggestively.

I shoot him a glare before I pause. "Wait, you think she's going to be staying back?"

He lifts a shoulder. "I mean, she got sent here pretty hastily, didn't she? Whoever sent her probably doesn't want her back for the four weeks."