23

Armando Dominguez

Armando Dominguez

I thought Javi was bullshitting me when he confirmed to Brian he had a prom suit for me. But no. Turns out, Javi had been talking to dad and told him about my prom. In which, my dad told Javi where to find his old dress clothes so I have something to wear.

"Catch!" Armando yelled. He threw me a condom packet which I quickly caught. "Don't wanna end up with a pregnancy." He chuckled.

"I-" I stuttered.

"Brian's pregnant?" Rosita asked from the couch. She had a huge smile on her face. "I'm gonna make him a picture!" She practically jolted off the couch and ran to her and Javi's room to get her drawing supplies.

The clothes are a bit old. But with enough ironing, they look newer. It's no Armani, but it's... Armando.

Sadly, I also didn't have a limo. But I had Javi's car. Nothing a bit of air freshener can't fix. And with my tie in place and my hair styled, I began to drive to pick up Brian.

After parking in the driveway and knocking on their front door, Mr. Hazelwood opened the door for me and escorted me inside. I sat on the couch while Brian's dad sat on the recliner which was moved in front of me. He was staring me down while I just sat nervously.

"Seth! Leave him alone!" Brian's mom said as she walked into the living room. "Don't worry, Armando. He isn't going to hurt you." She assured me.

"Just making sure." Mr. Hazelwood replied, never taking his eyes off me.

"I'll go check on Brian!" Mrs. Hazelwood said, leaving and stomping upstairs. I continued awkwardly sitting until Brian's mom pretended to make a trumpet noise with her mouth.

"That's them..." Mr. Hazelwood said, standing up.

"Introducing!" Brian's mom announced from the top of the stairs. We both went to the foot of the stairs and looked up at Brian's mom standing up there. "The King of The Night! The rose among the thorns! The-"

"Get on with it!" I heard Brian yell from behind. Mrs. Hazelwood just chuckled and stepped aside.

My Bumblebee made his way to the top of the stairs. True to his nickname, Brian had on a light yellow button up and some black slacks that fitted his legs perfectly. He descended the staircase elegantly until he reached the bottom.

"Wow..." I muttered. Brian blushed and looked down. I walked over to him and I lifted his head using my fingers on his chin. "You look marvelous." I told him.

"Really?" He asked.

"Of course." I replied honestly. Because it's true.

"Shall we head out?" He asked. Before we could leave, Mrs. Hazelwood took multiple pictures of us. After Brian managed to get his mom to stop, we exited to the driveway and into the car that Javi let me borrow.