Patching Up

As Teams RWBY and JNPR went to their rooms to rest after the long battle they had just survived, Sam, Qrow, and Oscar, being controlled by Ozpin, sat in the living room in silence until Ozpin spoke first.

Ozpin: Mr. Belladonna, I understand that you wished to speak with me and Qrow, but you must know that Oscar must get his rest as well.

Sam: This will be quick, I promise.

Ozpin: Very well, go ahead.

Sam: I understand that through your many lives, you have struggled in this forever war against Salem. You've had to make choices in those lives. Some, I reckon, didn't pan out so well either.

Qrow: What exactly are you getting at with this?

Sam: I told Qrow that my wife and I will be traveling with you all to Atlas, but before we get underway... could you at least tell them everything about you?

Ozpin: W--What do you mean by that?

Sam took a deep breath, his voice filled with a sense of urgency.

Sam: (Determined) I come from a land where secrets tore alliances apart, where the lack of trust brought discord and chaos. It's a mistake that I do not wish to see again. It's time, Ozpin. Time to put your trust in your friends and your students.

Ozpin hesitated for a moment, his gaze distant, lost in thought. He knew the gravity of the situation and the importance of unity among their teams. Then, he let out a heavy sigh, his decision made.

Ozpin: (Resigned) You're right. We can't face this threat divided by secrets any longer. I'll tell everyone the truth. I will tell them in the morning.

Sam: I promise you, Ozpin, everyone will be better off knowing what they're fully getting into.

As Sam gets up to leave, he decides to say something to Ozpin.

Sam: Also, you may want to talk with Oscar a bit about what he's in for with this bond you both share.

Ozpin gives a curious look as Sam leaves the room.

Sam continues to walk toward his room to sleep with Kali when all of a sudden, he lightly collides with Yang Xiao Long and notices how she seems to be in a hurry.

Yang: I am so sorry Mr. Belladonna.

Sam: It's alright, Ms. Xiao Long. Might I ask why you are in a hurry? Are you looking for something?

Yang: I--I was looking for Blake. I couldn't sleep, so I was gonna go for a walk, but when I looked over to the rest of my team, Ruby was resting next to Weiss, and Blake was gone, so I thought...

Sam could sense the tension in Yang's voice as she started to tear up suddenly.

Sam: Hey, hey, take it easy. Take a deep breath.

Yang closes her eyes and breathes in.

Sam: Now let it out.

Yang exhaled as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Sam: (sincere) Sometimes, when Blake was feeling down, she would always sit outside with me in Menagerie, and we'd look up at the night sky. It cleared her thoughts, and it helped her sleep, even when I had to carry her to her bed.

Yang looked up at Sam as he just smiled and patted her shoulder before walking to his room.

Sam: She talked about you a lot, y'know. Good night, Ms. Xiao Long.

Yang looked all over the Academy until she finally found Blake sitting outside the house team RWBY was staying in. Blake turned her head to Yang, and they stood in silence, not knowing who should speak first.