Chapter Twenty-Six

Tristan's car was filled with his intoxicating scent, and I inhaled deeply, barely holding back a sigh

Tristan's car was filled with his intoxicating scent, and I inhaled deeply, barely holding back a sigh. There was a very high chance that I was addicted to the way he smelled. My eyes snapped back open when my phone chimed with a message. I quickly checked it to find a text from Jace.

J: Please tell Tristan that we say thanks for talking to us. It was awesome.

H: Awe. Does my baby brother have a man crush?

J: You bet. Kiss him for me, won't you?

I gaped at his cheek. That little asshole. He should definitely expect a knuckle sandwich from me the next time I saw him. The door on the driver's side clicked open and I smiled as Tristan climbed in. He tossed his duffle bag into the back seat and then turned to face me, his arm draping over the back of my seat.

"Come here," he growled.

I was more than happy to obey, leaning forward to eagerly meet him halfway. Cupping the back of my neck, he pressed his lips to mine. The kiss started out slow and teasing before exploding into a fierce and desperate battle.

I moaned as he stroked my tongue with his, effectively taking my breath away as we devoured each other. We had a whole day's worth of pent-up sexual frustration and it translated into our kiss, in how we refused to let up for air, more concerned about catching up than breathing.

My breathing was labored, my lips bruised and tingling when he pulled away. Our eyes met and he pressed another quick kiss to my swollen mouth.

From this close, I could see the vibrant depth of his green eyes in the dimly lit car, as well as the tiny beauty spot just below his right eyebrow. I wanted to kiss it. My eyes trailed appreciatively over his striking face, taking pride in the sight of his slightly swollen lips. And then he groaned, shifting in discomfort.

"Fuck."

"Are you okay?" I asked, worried that he'd been hurt during his match.

"No. My dick's about to rip through my pants and it's all your fault," he winced, reaching down to adjust said appendage.

I looked down at the noticeable tent in his pants and laughed, sitting up straight in my seat. "That's your problem."

He grinned devilishly, "And yours."

He kissed me one last time before starting the car. He pulled out of the Stadium's parking lot, careful not to hit any other cars. I had to commend him on his driving skills. I was still nervous in heavily crowded places and preferred to wait until there were fewer people before navigating an obstacle course like this one.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to ask. Would it be okay with you if we made a quick appearance at the victory party? I have to pop in because I'm their captain and today was a pretty big win for us."

Apprehension crawled up my throat. "Together?"

He nodded, his focus on the road.
"Don't worry, I promise everyone will already be too smashed to notice. But you don't have to come with... I could drop you off at your place, go for a little while, and then join back up with you afterward?"