Chapter XIII

Awakening from my slumber with the rain acting as white noise, no longer disturbing my night, I groaned in the bed dressed with velveted white coverings. The large space next to me was empty, no man to help with the aftercare after my intense sex session. The sun splayed onto my face, blinding my sight with my hand moving to act as a cover.

Not wanting to get out of this incredibly comfortable bed, I forced myself out. Making my way towards the wardrobe where I took in the fortunate sight of Jotaro's clothes which hanged up. I needed a reward; grasping onto one of the white shirts which went past my waistline. It felt comforting wearing his shirt, with the smell of his nostalgic odour and cologne attached to it.

I didn't even have a phone to check for any notifications, perhaps seeing if there was a chance to message Jotaro and desperately beg for him to come back. I needed him. I hated him, and would easily slap this man across his face if I had the chance to. Yet, I needed him and the pleasure he brought towards me and my body, edging me.

I decided to get back home, not wanting to involve myself anymore in this business I torture myself with Jotaro - drowning me.

Room service came by the hotel room, and I devoured the delicious buttered croissants, before I made my way out with the same clothes from yesterday but instead I wore the nice addition of Jotaro's shirt.

My car was in sight soon enough, just where I left it from the previous night of pleasures. I got in, checking the glovebox at the condoms I still kept on a safe hand but never used them. Then, the car turned on into drive and began to make its way to my house I left lonely for the night.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Fuckin' hell..." I muttered under my breath, eyes widening at the excitement and shock presented in front of me. There it was, the email sent to me from the hospital discussing how Jolyne will be allowed to leave its facilities at last. My heart raced with relief, knowing I could finally feel the presence of my daughter inside of my home. I didn't have any worries of feeling alone anymore.

Although, what had surprised me even more was the fact that I didn't have to pay a penny to them at all. They told me of an international business I've heard of before, named 'The Speedwagon Foundation' which had fortunately covered the cost of Jolyne's hospital bills.

Yet, the thought in the back of my head never left. Constantly thinking of why the Speedwagon foundation would help a woman like me. Perhaps, it was Jotaro's doing. Trying to display to us that he still cares. But I had my doubts after seeing how he treated our sex towards the end.

But now, all I needed to do was get myself a new phone for the time being whilst I wait for Jolyne to come back home - since I knew it would be easier on her end. Alongside that, she would be able to get out some fresh air for her lungs which have been breathing in the Hospital fumes. 

I set out, taking a walk myself, as the shops weren't too far from where I was living. Only about fifteen minutes, which should be perfect for me. That way, I could free my thoughts from anything on what happened at the hotel and move on from it. I didn't need to keep latching onto the thought of Jotaro still distressing my mind. Worrying me whether I was enough, or if he grew bored of me whilst we had our intimacy. 

However, one thing I knew was that I wasn't the problem. It was the way in which Jotaro acted, which made him the asshole to me; using me in a sense. But, was I used if I wanted the same exact thing? If I agreed that it should be temporarily as well then surely what he did to me was fine or am I just confused and worried about what will happen in the future in terms of our relationship. It was already ridiculously broken from the beginning though. 

I shook my head, launching the thoughts out of my stressful mind and I set off outside. Locking the door, my legs motioned onward towards the phone shop that lived nearby to me and I took in every single sense I felt during my tranquillity walk. There was rays of sunshine overhanging me, lighting up the path towards my designated location. A few puddles of water lay on the cement of the pedestrian path from last stormy night. 

A few worms wiggled themselves on the ground, swallowing in the mud as they buried themselves into the grass to hide away from the harsh sunlight. This caused a sigh to escape my mouth, seeing how much more uncomplicated these insects and creatures are without the worries of their ex-husband coming back, and fucking them. Though, who knows that they were also going through. Perhaps they did have the same scenario as me with their own worm partners.

Arriving the the entrance of the phone shop, I stepped inside finding myself introduced to all these phones on display. There was the current craze for the Samsung Omnia - with everybody beginning to get used to the idea of touchscreen smartphones now. So, I decided to select an android for a change instead of my old iPhone. It didn't care too much about the model, I wasn't exactly a technical genius. 

"Aha! So you're getting a top best!" The shopkeeper thrilled as I went over to buy the phone, not too bothered in talking. "Gosh, that phone has everything you can ever want. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, EV-DO Rev and even an accelerometer!"

"A what now?" I asked, confused as to why this shopkeeper was acting like a walking advertisement - attracting all the ears in close proximity. 

He blushed a bit as he continued to speak. "W-well.. I mean it's in most phones but this is just measures the acceleration... so like it detects your motion and that!" 

"Uhuh..." I nodded slowly, and just smiled to be polite with him waiting for him to accept my payment already as he sorted through the money. I did notice his eyes occasionally look back and forth from me however, growing a bit more flustered. It seemed like this man either had a bit of social anxiety and felt embarrassed for his burst of energy, or that he had a crush on me. 

Soon, the payment was over and I walked out the shop without a trace; hurrying across the streets and heading back home. Once I came through the front door, I hopped on over to the grey drawers in the living room. Rummaging through the wood to find my phone book and insert all the phone numbers back into my contacts. I inserted in my sim card, and sent a message across to all the contacts of my new number - including Jotaro.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

I've been doing so much writing recently, in where I've been making some NSFW headcanons for another fandom on the side on TikTok. So I apologise for the delay in the uploads!