Chapter 72 - Sick (1)

Valentina is sick and fainted today. Whenever you're done with important things at work, come home ASAP. Luca is fine. I'm currently handling the situation.

When he received the message from Alaïa, Kaiser felt as if his heart had stopped. He hadn't felt that kind of panic in years, since Luca was injured years ago.

He felt as if his whole body had fallen into a fog and He truly didn't know how he had completed his work for the day before rushing home.

As he strode through the house, Alaïa's voice stopped him.

"You know she coughed up blood."

"She did what?" he couldn't help but shout before lowering his voice.

"Blood Kai, she coughed up blood." Alaïa sighed as she pushed her short hair blue hair back. That was one of the most shocking things she had seen in her life, someone coughing up blood out of nowhere. In fact, her hands were still shaking a bit from the shock. Honestly, she didn't know how she had held it together today. From messaging Kaiser to comforting Luca and keeping him occupied, to calling the doctor. Her brain had just gone on autopilot as she performed those actions. Now that things were calm and Kaiser was here, she felt as if she could unburden the responsibility onto somebody else.

"Where is she? Did you send her to the hospital? Which hospital? What did they say? And where's Luca?"

"She and Luca are both upstairs. She didn't want to go to the hospital. And Kaiser...she asked me not to tell you about this."

"What do you mean?"

"Before she fainted, she asked me not to tell you. I'm assuming you didn't know about her...condition?"

"Of course not!" he replied coldly. Although he knew her body was a bit weak, he didn't know it was to this extent. If he had known, he would have stuffed her full of supplements and gotten the best doctors to treat her...ailment. Whatever it was.

"Then continue pretending not to know. If she wanted to tell you, she would have especially since she said this is a regular occurrence and just how her body is." Alaïa sighed before getting up.

"Your doctor has come and gone and given medicine to reduce the fever. He left some notes as well for her to up her nutrition since she's a bit anemic, but I didn't read the private ones. HIPPAA and all that. Respect her privacy Kaiser or this will go very bad for you. I've done my part and I'm heading home. I'll check in again tomorrow."

She did her best to caution him, but seeing as Kaiser dashed up the stairs without responding, she had a feeling he hadn't heard a word she said.

"Sigh. Why couldn't you just fall in love like a regular person? All you do is give me stress and gray hairs." She muttered as she walked away.

***

Kaiser immediately dashed up the stairs as Alaïa finished her words. Although he knew Valentina was fine after the doctor checked on her, his heart couldn't stop racing.