Chapter 2: The Ground

"We're back, bitches!" Octavia screams. Her two feet planted firmly in the grass seconds away from us. Everyone starts running out of the drop ship laughing and shouting in joy. I do the same as I run a little way out before stopping and taking it in. The sun broke through the trees, letting the faint glow shimmer across my face, warming it up. I'm surrounded by towering trees, their branches reaching towards the sky. I take a deep breath in, the air is filled with the earthy scent of moss and the sweet fragrance of wildflowers, it's peaceful. Well, it was peaceful, until, behind me, a fight broke out between two tall boys, one dark-skinned boy, who I recognised as the chancellor Jahas son, wells. And another, who I haven't seen before but his hair was parted into curtains that were pushed back and he had deep blue eyes, but because of the spacing, they kind of reminded me of bugs. This is just perfect, 10 minutes ago we all thought we were going to die, but now, we're all alive, and all these idiots want to do is fight.

I make my way over to where everyone is gathered. Because I'm a lot smaller than these kids, I manage to push through the crowd with ease and get a better look at what's happening. Just as I got to the front, I saw the bug-eyed kid kick well's leg out from under him, causing him to fall to the ground. I mean, what else was I expecting, the council sent a bunch of teenage boys, who also happen to be criminals, down to Earth, with no supervision. This is going to be fun.

I didn't want to watch a fight break out so I scurried out of the circle before making my way towards a tree. I read a book once when I was younger, the main character would always climb up trees, and I guess now I get a turn. Making my way over to the most tallest tree in sight, I notice that it has lots of sturdy-looking branches. With a mix of excitement and anticipation, I grab onto the rough bark closest to my arm and pull myself up. As I make my way up, I feel The world below me shrink. I found a nice, sturdy-looking branch and perched myself onto it, looking out to watch the kids, although the crowd had dispersed which meant that the fight was over. I stayed in the tree a bit longer, watching down on everyone. But sooner or later I got bored so made my way down.

I was kicking around a rock in my feet when I overheard a conversation going on with Finn, Wells and that bossy blonde girl from earlier. "How are you two going to carry enough food for all 100 of us?" Wells spoke, he was sitting on the open door of the drop ship, with his ankle raised. It probably hurt from where that kid swiped his leg. They must be talking about mountain weather. The dropship landed on the wrong mountain and now all our food, supplies and weapons are being blocked off by a radiation-packed forest.

Finn turned around and grabbed two boys by their shirts from behind him, "can we go now?" He asked showing off that he was holding them.

"Sounds like a Party! Make it 5," Octavia states walking over to the group. Bellamy pulled her back before she could continue walking. I wasn't close enough to make out what they were saying, but by the looks of it, Bellamy was trying to persuade her not to go.

"I'll come to, " I say piping up from behind them. They all turned around to face me, not realising that I was even there.

"Your like 7. No offence or anything but you would be no help there," that blonde girl says looking me up and down. How, bloody, rude. She's a bit full of herself.

"First of all, I'm 12, get it right. Second of all, I thought you needed help. Well, I'm here to help," I say raising my eyebrows. If I'm being honest I have no idea where that came from, but she's starting to get on my nerves.

"If you have to," she says sighing before turning to leave with a map in her hand. Finn was first to follow her with the two boys behind. I didn't want to be left behind so I followed on.

"So how did you end up in Sky Box?" A rather chirpy voice asked from behind me. I peered my head behind me to see who was talking to me, it was Octavia. I guess Bellamy let her go.