Chapter 13: The Right Thing

Opening my eyes, I find myself lying on Jasper with Monty lying on me. I smile at the thought they they were here to comfort me last night and that they helped me. I notice that not many people are up here compared to last night so they must all be awake and outside. Putting Monty's head on Jasper's shoulders, I manage to get up and go look at the damage from the storm last night.

Climbing down the ladder I see the table where Finn laid last night. It was covered in dried-up blood and water. But Finns was not there, he must have been moved to another tent. I hope he's doing better.

When I walked outside, I was greeted by the radiant sun that was soon replaced with the image of the destruction the storm had caused to the camp. Camp was very busy with people rushing around everywhere, trying to fix the damage from the storm. I decided to go check out mine and Harper's tent, hoping that it survived.

"Great," I mumble looking down at our collapsed tent. Managing to find a big log near me, I place it in the middle of the tent to try and support it as I take whatever I need out.

Hearing a cough coming from outside my tent, I walk outside to see Bellamy in front of me "You ok?" He asks. Why is he asking if I'm ok? He doesn't even care.

"Why you wanna know," I say as I try keeping all the items in my hands balanced, hoping they don't fall.

Bellamy looks at the pile in my hands and then past me at my tent. "When I came down I saw you asleep on Jasper's shoulder. He told me you had a rough night," Bellamy says trying to make out like he cares. I just scoff at him wanting to go but he steps in front of me "Elena, who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things. What you saw last night was only me trying to protect our people," Bellamy says.

"Protect?" I question "Bellamy protects who? He saved me from other grounders trying to kill me. He saved Octavia from other grounders finding her. He was a being nice," I say trying to stick up for the grounder. Now I'm not saying that the grounder is good I'm just saying he didn't deserve this.

"Elena if it weren't for me Finn would be dead right now-" Bellamy says trying to prove his point but I cut him off.

"And you almost killed the grounder. You know what Blake it's like death follows you everywhere," I say with a smug look on my face.

"But I didn't, both of them are still alive, thanks to me, and you're lucky I didn't kill the grounder," Bellamy says as he gets angry but tries to keep his temper down. "Anyway, I just wanted to check up on you, I was trying to be nice."

I scoff, "Wow Bellamy Blake trying to be nice? Never thought I'd hear that before," I say, but as I finish my sentence my hoodie is in the pile of items, but instead of hitting the ground, Bellamy catches it mid-way. "Thanks," I say sarcastically as he puts it on the top of my pile again.

"Just remember the, I didn't want to do it," Bellamy says as he looks down at me.

"Then why did you?" I ask. But before I get an answer I hear my name being called from behind me.

"Elena! I wanna talk with you," Clarke says as she makes her way over to me. "You two alright?" she asks as she sees Bellamy behind me.

"We're good, I was just checking up with my closet friend," Bellamy says sarcastically as he roughs up my hair before walking away and going back to helping the boys fix up camp.