二 deemed useful

You were 6 at the time, and had just come back from a lesson you took with your sensei. Squealing with joy as you ran inside when suddenly those big strong loving hands scooped you and held you up in the air.

"My angel! My precious girl!"

You squealed and burst into giggles as he hugged you tightly before setting you back down on your feet.

Your sensei followed close behind as he spoke.

"Shouga. She is exceeding my expectations. She surprises me every day. With her academic abilities and intelligence, as well as her fighting skills."

Shouga squatted down to your level and took one of your tiny hands in his with a smile.

"Keep it up. Fight and train hard. For me."

He then stood up and scooped you up back into his arms.

"You know what? I have made up my mind. Today is the day. Daddy has a surprise for you baby. Close your eyes."

You shut your eyes as he carried you. After a little, you felt as he set you down gently on the sofa in the great room.

"Open your eyes baby."

You opened your eyes. He was crouched in front of you, holding an object. A beautiful golden fruit.

"Shiina, my precious girl. This is a very important gift. I was going to wait to give this to you, but I believe you're ready now. When you consume it, you will have powers, strength and abilities unlike anyone else."

You were too young at the time to understand any of it. The power that came with consuming a devil fruit. You had no idea it was a double edged sword. The struggles you'd face because of it.

Of course, you ate it just like Shouga told you to.

He smiled at you as he took your tiny hands in his.

"Shiina, this may be hard to understand now, but just remember what I told you, you were destined for greatness. To become something unstoppable."

Your eyes shot open. As you remembered where you were, as you stared up at the ceiling of the infirmary.

You quickly wiped away the tears that had formed in the corner of your eyes.

Damn that stupid dream.

"You're awake again. Are you feeling alright?"

You turned, startled by the sudden voice that came from a very worried looking Clione.

Although it was clear he was also afraid of you because of the awkward amount of space between you, and him who stood on the complete opposite side of the room.

"I don't bite," you murmured as you let out a heavy sigh.

"And I'm fine."

That was a lie. As soon as you sat up you let out a pained groan and gripped your left side.

"A-Are you okay? Should I get the captain?"

You lifted up your shirt to see the bandages on the left side of your body soaked with blood.

Dammit.

You didn't want him to get the captain. You knew he was a doctor. A surgeon. But you were scared shitless of him in all honesty. But you were also in so much freaking pain.

"Just get me pain medicine," you hissed.

Clione walked frantically over to the table beside your bed and took a pill out of the bottle that was sitting there beside a glass of water. You hadn't noticed there was also a small plate of food sitting there too.