二十四 the white city

*warning- death, violence mentioned. major angst!!*

When your eyes flickered open it couldn't have been much later.

The room was still dark, but when you turned over the light from the bedside lamp made you able to see. And there was Law, sitting up, reading a book. Steel eyes scanning the pages. Tattooed hands flipping the pages carefully.

God he's so attractive.

His eyes flickered to you when he noticed you awake. His voice was low, quiet,

"You hardly slept, why are you awake?"

You grabbed the pillow and buried your face into it.

You couldn't sleep. Even when you weren't having disturbing nightmares, your body wouldn't let you rest.

"What time is it?"

"Still early."

You turned your face to the side to look at him again.

God he might've been the most attractive man you'd ever seen. And here he was shirtless, sitting beside you, in his bed.

Just when your thoughts started to turn lewd, you remembered your nightmare. He had found you passed out on the bathroom floor half naked,

How embarrassing.

You glanced down at the shirt he had dressed you in. A t-shirt that was a yellow color with the Heart Pirates symbol on it in black. In your opinion, it was quite an eyesore, but knowing it was his somehow made your heart flutter.

Your gaze flickered back to his as you spoke,

"I'm sorry..."

"...for causing trouble for you."

He looked at you, his usual stoic expression.

"Stop apologizing."

You sighed softly.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping too?"

His eyes flickered back to the pages of the book,

"Does it shock you to know I have insomnia?"

No.

With those bags under your eyes, it doesn't.

Of course you didn't say that outloud.

"I guess not."

Because somehow those tired eyes of his were so mesmerizing.

There was a moment of silence, before you broke it again.

"What book are you reading?"

His gaze flickered back to yours,

"You talk too much."

Your eyes narrowed.

"You talk too little."

He let out a slight laugh at your response, then closed his book and set it on the bedside before leaning over and turning the bedside lamp off.

He laid down back down in bed, wrapping his arms around you, pulling you to his chest.

He deeply inhaled, enjoying every last bit of your sweet scent. The way you felt against him. Soft hair, soft small figure.

"Go back to sleep Shiina-ya."

"I'm not tired anymore."

You heard him let out a sigh, probably of annoyance, but he stayed quiet.