Part 11

Violet POV

After practice issa, bre, jess, and i went to the school café. like issa said she picked out my snack. we just chilled and chatted before checking the time and saw it was 5 so we made our way to the gym for the game.

we walked to the locker room and changed into our white uniforms. i fixed my bun, pulling out a couple of baby hairs.

"how're you feeling?" issa said walking up behind me. i don't know if she was referring to my blood sugar, paige, or both. i was about to respond asking what she was asking about. "your blood sugar and paige." she finished.

i made my mouth into an 'o' shape before responding. "i checked my blood sugar earlier, so i'm good. uh about paige, im just worried and scared." i said looking down.

she patted my back. "i want her and the others to see our first game yk?" she nodded before responding. "yea i get you, i feel the same way about nika" i sent her a small smile.

i clapped my hands to try and get rid of the sad mood. "welp! we'll just have to wait and see! let's get hype for our first game!!" i said shaking her shoulders.

she laughed before shaking her head. we walked out and warmed up a little. the other team started making their way in. after awhile the refs called over the captain's, so i walked over.

"okay ladies, let's have a clean fun match yea?" me and the other captain nodded. "i'm gonna flip a coin, you guys are home right?" she pointed and i nodded.

"okay so this is heads and this is tails. i'm gonna flip it opposing team will call one and home team will tell me what it says." me and her nodded once again.

the ref flipped the coin. "heads" the girl called out as the ref caught it and turned it towards me. "it's tails"

"okay you guys have ball first, we're gonna do a 6-6-2. good luck ladies" we both smiled and shook each others hands.

i was about to continue bumping around with the others till i got called over for an interview. "well good evening miss auriemma! how're you doing today?" the interviewer asked.

"i'm doing good! thanks for asking what about you?" i replied to which she smiled. "i'm doing great thank you! how're you feeling now that the season is starting and youre having youre first game today?"

i nodded listening to her question. "well i'm super excited and hyped for this season. i feel like we're gonna do really good and get some W's on the board." i replied back.

she nodded. "is there anyone you're hoping to see in the stands tonight? hopefully a significant other?" i got kinda uncomfortable at that question but answered anyways.

"no, no significant other but i got close to some of the girls basketball players and i'm hoping to see them. my uncle also he's like my biggest fan other than my mom." i replied smiling.

"awe that's so sweet. one last question before i let you go but how do you feel about being a role model for young volleyball players out there?" she said pointing the mic back at me.

i smiled before responding. "i feel happy and honored that i'm able to be a role model for young volleyball players out there. boy or girl, i just like seeing others succeed in their dream and get out there and do their thing." i finished to which she smiled.

"well thank you for talking for a little and good luck tonight." she said to which i said thank you and jogged off towards the girls.

we were setting up to practice with the net. issa was setting while the rest of us were focusing on spikes. a couple girls went and it was my turn.