▫️Two

LILITH

It had only been a second.

I turned towards the kitchen entrance to tell Orion where the spoons were but the moment I looked back, Lucas was no longer beside me.

His spot beside me on the dining table was empty. His small plate where I'd been feeding him from was also missing and the table was a total mess.

I stood up and stared at the food particles on the floor that disappeared into the next room and sighed.

This baby was really energetic.

I followed the little patterns he'd left, silently hoping that Orion wouldn't see the mess the house had turned into in just an hour.

I caught sight of Lucas' small feet as he crawled out of the room he'd been in and was about to move to the corridor.

"Lily! I can't see any spoons yet." Orion called back from the kitchen and I chose to ignore him for now as I chased after the little guy.

He seemed to notice that I'd caught up with him since he giggled excitedly and crawled even faster as he approached the front door.

"Lily!" Orion called again and I turned back and glared into space behind me when he kept calling me.

"Lili," Lucas' sweet and bubbly voice made me turn to him and I smiled when I saw him on his feet as he held himself against the wall.

He continued to mimic Orion's dramatic calls and with that I chased after him, easily catching up since his steps weren't that firm yet.

"I got you, baby." I tickled him for a bit before lifting him up to my hip and slightly pinched his chubby cheeks.

"Where did you think you were running to?" I looked at his messy clothes, the food stains all over his shirt and now sticking onto mine.

He blabbered out a string of words I didn't understand but from what I could tell, he wanted to go see his mom.

The front door opened just when I was about to take him to Luce and Adams, Lucas' father, walked in.

"Daa!" Lucas' face immediately lit up and he made grabby hands towards his father who appeared surprised to see how messy we looked.

"Hello Adams," we greeted each other as he took an excited Lucas into his arms, not minding getting his suit dirty.

"You're fine?" He patted his son's back and gave me a brief glance. "He's not giving you a hard time, is he?"

"Not at all, you know how much I love him." I shook my head at his statement, shortly looking at Lucas who was now messing with his father's blue tie.

Adams asked me to get some rest but I passed him a small smile and assured him that I'd been off since the whole of yesterday so it was no issue.

He then promised to take care of Lucas and change him out of those clothes since he was now home and I skipped towards the kitchen.

"How have you even arranged your things?" Orion started to complain as soon as he saw me renter with two empty plates.

"I already told you where the spoons were," I took out a glass of water and watched as Orion scrubbed another pan.

"Took me another five minutes to find the glasses," I rolled my eyes at him and placed the now used glass into the small pile of dirty dishes he was yet to clean.

Orion gave me a side eye but didn't say anything. I again explained to him where everything was though I was now contemplating labeling all the drawers.