Chapter 48 - Bitter memories and sweet

Third person pov :

Aryan entered his home office, he glanced at the desk, his elder brother was leaning against it, with a calm look on his face, his sleeves rolled up to his elbow.

"Explain " He said.

Aryan sighed and finally stepped inside and sat down on the couch.

"Bhai.. I don't know how this happened again " Aryan said.

"Again? " Avyaan asked, without any expression.

"I.. I.. Actually Bhai.. I was about to tell you this" Aryan said trying to explain himself.

"When.. When would you have told me Aryan," Avyaan said.

"I am sorry bhai, but I told you.. I will handle mys-"

"I told many times Aryan don't try to handle something that you won't be able to handle." Avyaan said calmly, Aryan clenched his fists.

"Don't try to act elder, when you know I am here" Avyaan said.

"You were busy already handling business and Dad, so I thought to handle it myself, I didn't wanted to stress you." Aryan said defending himself.

"But did you ever thought what would have happen if it was too much for her" Avyaan said trying to make his younger brother understand.

"Aryan, I had told you many times, don't hide anything from me, you know I am strict very much.. In case of our family. I believed that you will tell me everything so I could tell da-"

"You already handled us too much, you always took care of us Bhai, you never let us spoke anything about dad, It was his responsibility to check on us but what did he do? He neglected his responsibility, It was always you who took care of us, Bhai" Aryan said irritated as, he knew his father never fulfilled his responsibility.

"Don't ever cut me off and one more thing don't say anything to him, he is elder than you " Avyaan said sternly.

"I know.. But let me handle half of your responsibility too.. Bhai.. I am not that eighteen year old Aryan bhai, I am capable too handle things too" Aryan said looking down on his clenched fists.

Avyaan felt a soft feeling inside seeing his brother like this but he needs to do the right thing.

"I know you are capable too Aryan but... You are still a little bro to me, Let me handle everything.. " He said sighing.

"Why can't you just just tell me.. " Aryan said, Avyaan looked at him, he knew what he was talking about.

"What did she watched that her memories triggered Aryan? " Avyaan asked dodging the question, Aryan knew it too.

"An old film, Seeta Geeta.." Aryan said.

"Maybe that movie might have triggered her." Avyaan said glancing at the floor and then looked at him.

"We will talk about this later, it's late go and sleep " Avyaan said standing straight.

"I will ask you the same question again Bhai... You can't dodge the question...I will get to know it too one day." Aryan said determined,

"Hmm.. You can try" Avyaan said and walked past him.

Aryan looked at his back, and sighed, he walked to his room.

Avyaan went to his room and lighted a cigarette, he puffed out the smoke.

"Bhaiya!!!" A girl shouted.

"Nothing will happen to you" A boy said.

"He will hit me...Stop.. stop.. stop him!!"
The girl said continuing to thrash.