Chapter 4 | The Worst That Could Happen

WELCOME BACK, SAM REED!WARNING: OVERWRITING LAST SAVE FILE

WARNING: OVERWRITING LAST SAVE FILE. NO USER MODIFICATIONS CAN BE MADE TO THE STORY; RELOADING WILL NOT CHANGE THINGS.

SEPTEMBER 13TH, 1957.

Today hasn't been a great day.

The morning was great, but she and Jason had been separated most of the day.

Different cabins had different activities. Unfortunately, Jason stayed with his mom, so technically, he wasn't a camper- more of a long-term resident.

She's been left alone most of the time, but she's heard that bullies have been pretty relentless toward the poor eleven-year-old boy.

Rubbing her arms- the girl walked down the gravel pathway.

It was currently her free time. Sam had already checked the Mess Hall- but Pamela told her she didn't know where Jason was. He was likely hanging out near the dock. She knew that he liked watching the water lap at the shore.

Though- he can't swim. Neither could Sam; honestly, she's never been given the opportunity to learn.

Sam finally stumbled across a group of kids at the dock. It overlooked Fairview Marina- which was technically Crystal Lake.

Unfortunately... Jason was in the middle of them.

Regardless of her shyness- she trotted up to them urgently. Her fear easily turns to anger regarding her best friend.

"H-Hey!" 

Jason looked up at her- but she could best describe his expression as horror. 

"Oh, look!" One of the boys bothering Jason perked, "It's squeaker! The freak's little girlfriend!"

A few of his friends snickered.

Jason adverted his eyes- sulking and shrinking into himself like an armadillo. Sam was fuming.

"Y-Y-You-" She'd clench her fists, "Y-ou-ou fucks!" The girl swore, "Go away!"

A few raised their brows at her, swearing, "Nasty words from a shortie." A boy grabbed her long ginger hair and yanked her toward them, "Y'know, maybe she should go for a swim with freak show!"