Chapter 15 | Murder? Fuck that, I'm swimming away.

WELCOME BACK, SAM REED!

"O-Oh my god, oh my god..." Trish muttered repeatedly.

Sam kept her hand sealed around the girl's wrist. Trish would've been left in the dust long ago if it weren't for her iron grip.

The murderer got distracted- leaving the two to get away.

At least- as far as they can get.

The rain, the lightning, and the deadly wind made it impossible to traverse the camp. It was hard to see and think... everything was far too overwhelming. Not to mention, Sam lost her purse along the way.

Her bangs stuck to her forehead- hair went flat along the figure of her neck and skull. Her nose was numb and running.

She noticed the familiar building of the mess hall and clumsily ran under its protective canopies. Her skin uncomfortably rubbed against her shoes- leaving the back of her heel red and raw.

Her excitement dwindled once she realized they were at the second mess hall- not the one closer to the lake.

"Where are we?" Trish yelled above the pounding rain. She rubbed her arms and shivered.

Sam let go of her wrist, "I do-do-don't kn-know!" The woman stuttered. "S-Sec-ond Mess h-hall!"

Her stuttering was getting worse alongside her fear.

The teenager whimpered as tears trickled down her rosy cheeks, "I-I want to go home!" She cried out.

Using the back of her hand, Sam rubbed off the running snot. She was developing a cold. "M-Me too..." She muttered.

Lightning struck a tree in the distance. It fell and hit the ground with a booming thump- fitting in well with the storm's chaos. The teenager screamed and held her hands to her ears. The poor girl was overwhelmed with terror.

"I want to go home!" Trish screamed, "Let me g-go home!"

The scared and confused girl ran in a random direction. Mud splattered her bare legs as she booked it into the distance.

CHATTER IN THE SKULLOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara