Chapter 1

*A little disclaimer for the story, I don't know if any of these people in real life so all of these people's personality and sexuality aren't going to be what they are in real life.*

November 4th, 2019

Y/n POV

It's hard being one of the best women's high school players in the class of 2020. The boys at my high school always want to get with me just because of my talent and it's hard to have a couple real friends that don't use you for clout. Aaliyah Edwards is one of those people. Even though I live in the states, I was born in Canada and Aaliyah and I played for team Canada together. We grew very close and it was always easy to talk to her about these things because she was ranked #23 in the class of 2020 herself. Aaliyah committed to Uconn last year. UConn was the best basketball school I know, legends like Sue Bird and Diana Turasi went there. They also have 11 national championships. I, on the other hand, have known where I wanted to go to school since I was a kid, so when I got a full ride scholarship from Depaul, I knew where I was going to commit right away. Doug Bruno would linger around some of my AAU games but I never thought he was watching me.

Living out half of my middle school and high school years in Illinois was always fun. We went into the city a couple times a year and went to a couple bulls games and some Chicago sky games. I was always fortunate to go to so many sports games so I knew I would have to pay my parents back some day. My parents both went to Depaul and my dad played basketball there. He could've gone to the NBA but he suffered a career ending injury. He recovered from the injury but he was never the same is what my mom used to always tell me. Me and my dad would train every day since I was 5. He knew I had talent and he didn't want it to go to waste so he started training me as soon as he could. I made the varsity team all 4 years of high school and I started getting scouted sophomore year. Little did I know someone else in my class was also climbing the boards.

Paige Bueckers. I never liked Paige. When we played each other in the Olympics she was always physical but it seemed she was a lot more physical to me then anyone else.

During high school it was always "Paige Vs. Y/n" and never anyone else in our class. Maybe it was because we played the same way? Or because we both grew up in the Midwest? Or maybe it was because we both had a gold medal under our belt? I never knew why but I knew I didn't like this Paige Bueckers person.