Chapter 16

3rd Person

The group soon started to make their way through the house. People broke off as they went around so by the time they reached Riley and her friends it was only Ice, Azzi, Y/n, Paige, KK, Nika, Amari, Caroline, Aubrey, Evina, and Riley's 3 other friends. They were all in a hangout room near the back of the house, It wasn't completely empty, so people were still around. Paige stared at one of Riley's friends but soon lost focus when someone started speaking.

"It's nice to meet all of you" Y/n spoke loudly over the music. They all said hello back and introduced themselves one by one.

"Well obviously Y/n and Azzi know me but I'm Riley" Riley says, waving.

"Hi it's nice to meet y'all, I'm Jade." The person next to Riley says, waving as well. She was quite attractive and Y/n was definitely interested in this Jade person.

"Heyy, so I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Liz" Liz said, also waving. The last girl spoke, the one Paige couldn't keep her eyes off of.

"Hi, uhm so if you might know me but I'm Ella." Ella spoke, shyly. They all started small talk with one another and hung out around the room.

"So you're on the basketball team?" Jade asked Y/n.

"Yeah. You should come watch a game sometime." Y/n responded, blushing.

"I've actually been to a few of you pretty good." Jade said, scooting a little closer to where Y/n was sitting on the couch.

"Wow uh thanks." Y/n said smiling. Something about this girl was so caring. Her eyes were colored and her skin was a light brown. It flowed perfectly in the dimmed light of the room.

At this point it was just Y/n and Jade in the room and everyone else had split up to go get drinks.

"Wanna get a drink?" Jade said, standing up reaching her hand out.

"Of course" Y/n said, grabbing her hand as she helped her off the couch. She led her to the kitchen where a couple of her other teammates were, including Paige. Y/n hopped up on the counter as she watched Jade make a drink for the 2. Her teammates gave her some looks but she just smiled at them, not wanting to cause any rumors to start. Y/n was snapped back into reality when she felt something in her hand. She looked down to see a red solo cup filled about half way.

"What's even in here?" Y/n said giggling.

"Vodka baby" Jade said hyped. Jade didn't even realize what she was saying because she was too focused on drinking the heavy amount of alcohol poured into the cup. Y/n took a couple sips before chugging the whole thing.

"WOOOO" Jade said, watching her down the unhealthy amounts of alcohol. Y/n started to feel the effects kick in but she snapped back to reality once she noticed an unfamiliar face approach her.

Paige POV

I cannot believe my ex is here. When we saw her, me and Azzi both gave ourselves a look but tried to brush it off. Maybe she changed? We headed out of the room and Jade and Y/n stayed to talk. They really seem to like each other.

I'm gonna go get a drink.

I walk into the kitchen and see Azzi, Amari, and Christyn all hanging out.

"What's up?" Amari says dapping me up as I walk towards them.

"Nothing, just looking for a drink," I say, grabbing a bottle of hard liquor and pouring about 2 shots into my cup. I turn back around from the counter to see Y/n and Jade holding hands. Ew. I just brush it off though and I look over to see what Jades is doing. She's pouring so much alcohol into a cup and she handed it to Y/n. Y/n eventually drinks it. She drinks all of it. I return my focus back to the group when I hear March Madness get announced.