9. Comfort

Naintara's POV~

"Hum kha ja rhe h?" I asked.
(Where are we going?)

"Mera friend ke restaurant."
(My friend's restaurant.)

"Kyu?"
(Why?)

"Kya kyu? Aapko vo sabh nhi khana jo bhi aapko khana tha."

(What why? Don't you want to eat whatever you want to.)

"Merko nhi humko." I said pressing the last word.

(Not me, we.)

"Aur hum kisi Fancy restaurant nhi jane wale." I told him and it was my final decision.

(And we're not going to a Fancy restaurant.)

"Hum phele Mc Donald's jayenge. Fir hum gol-gappe khayege."

(We'll go to McDonald's.)

"What?"

"McDonald's, Abhi. McDonald's."

"What's that?"

I puff and lean toward the driver's uncle.

"Uncle, aap kisi Mc Donald's ke samne rok do na. Aapko toh pata hi hoga na mein kya bol rhi hu?"

(Uncle, can you stop in front of Mn Donald's? You know what I'm talking about right?)

Driver Uncle looked towards Abhi through the rearview mirror. And I looked back to see Abhi nod.

"Jii, Memsab."
(Yes, mam.)

"Mera Naam Naintara hai."
(My name's Naintara.)

"Jii?"
(Yes?)

"Naintara. Mujhe laga aapko mera naam nhi pata isliye aap merko memsab bula rhe ho. Aapko abh mera naam pata chal gya h na, toh wahi bulana."

(Naintara. I thought you didn't know my name, that's why you were calling me mam.)

Driver's uncle again looked at Abhi.

"Aap kya baar baar Abhi ki taraf dekh rhe h. Baat toh mein kar rhi hu na aapse. Aapko nhi lagta aap rude ho rhe ho? Ek toh mein yaha aapna introduction de rhi hu aur apko koi matlab hi nhi h. Me-"

(Why are you looking at Abhi again and again? It's me who's talking to you. Right? Don't you think you are being rude? And here I am trying to make an introduction and look at you-)

"Shant Taara Shant," Abhi said, pulling me back by the shoulders and I sat back with my hands folded and an angry pout and my eyes narrowed at the Uncle.

(Relax, Taara.)

"Now you are being rude Taara," Abhi said soothing the muscles near my eyebrows with his fingers.

I instantly relaxed. I was in the soft and warm embrace of his arms. His arms could swallow me whole.

On the way I was looking outside at the passing scenery with my head on Abhi's bicep when my phone rang.

I had to lean forward to reach my phone which was on the other side of the seat, far away.

As soon as I took the device I was pulled back by Abhi, into his embrace. To look at him I had to tilt my head a bit back.

I passed him a smile when I found him already looking at me. He responded with a sunshine smile of his own.

I picked up the call,

"Hello?"

"Hey! Nainu tu kha ghum rhi h terko Ghar nhi aana kya?" Rahul bhai asked.

(Hey! Where are you, don't you want to return home.)