Need

~~Slender's Pov~~

When he gets you calmed down he insists you take a nap, imagining you have to be exhausted from crying. When you're in deep sleep he teleports to Splendor's favorite spot to find he's there as predicted. If he really doesn't want to talk he wouldn't let Slender find him. Splendor is still in tears as Slender walks over and pulls his brother in a hug. It tears at his heart that his little brother is breaking down like this. He just hugs Splendor a while, letting him cry and figure out his emotions and thoughts. Sometimes that's all he needs. A good cry and then he can refocus on the happiness.

"Why? Why are you angry?" Slender asks his brother once he's calmed down.

"It's nothing," He snaps back, shrugging out of Slender's hug. "Just leave me alone."

"Splendy," Slender growls the nickname firmly, bringing his little brother to a stop. Slender doesn't use nicknames very often and he knows Splendor likes that Slender has a nickname for him. So, when Slender uses it, he gets his point across that he's not talking no for an answer until you finally agree to tell him. Slender may come off cold, but he knows his siblings and he knows them very well.

"She can't replace mom," He hiccups, looking at Slender with desperate eyes. "She can't be a replacement! I can't do it again! I can't lose someone else that I love dearly."

"Splendor, we won't have a repeat of mom. Look at what happened this time around. We drove Zalgo away and kept Y/N safe. As long as we're around she will never have to suffer again," Slender tells his brother. "I'm going to make sure of it."

"You feel the same," Splendor breathes out. "You feel the same way I do."

"It's crossed my mind, yes," Slender says with a sigh. "She's so much like her and everyone sees her as a mom. They see her how we saw mom, and I know Y/N will sacrifice herself well before she lets a single one of us get hurt. Zalgo still has that power over her. If he can just get to a single on of us she'll give herself up immediately."

"Zalgo will be back. Slender, we need to get rid of him," Splendor insists to his brother. "There has to be a way."

Slender's mind travels back to the day his mother died, the knife that can transfer magic disintegrating along with Zalgo's dad. His mom gave him time to get his brothers to safety before they made a last ditch effort with his powers. Could he possibly destroy a demon? After stabbing that knife into the demon's back his powers went haywire. Their mom managed one last spell when she died despite having sealed away her abilities. She saved her boys one more time before she died. Slender wonders sometimes if things would have gone different, if he could have possibly gotten that knife before Zalgo's dad stabbed her, could his mom have lived? Could she be here for him and his brothers?

"There is a way, but it means death," Slender tells his little brother.

Splendor's mind is focused on you, not him and Slender is relived by the fact. Splendor feels as if you're the one that will have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good of the pastas. What Splendor doesn't think about, is the fact it's Slender who is the sacrifice. His little brother can never figure it out. Slender hates it but he needs to keep it that way. Should anything happen, he's the first to go before anyone else in the family. He's sure Lucifer would help him get a knife like that again if it came down to it. Demons and whatever else are out there would need to go through him first before anyone else. Slender is more than prepared to make that sacrifice because he knows everyone will be in good hands even if he's gone. 

"I would gladly give my life if it means the end of that demon," Splendor hisses.

"A sacrifice I'm not going to let you make. Y/N has mom's abilities now. She can protect us and everyone else. She learns to control them and maybe, just maybe, it's enough for all of us to combine our powers," Slender tells his little brother. "We might stand a chance but we all need to be ready."