ONE. everything's going to be all right

     WHEN SHE was young, Florence Jackson always told her brother Perseus that she'd be there whenever he needed her

WHEN SHE was young, Florence Jackson always told her brother Perseus that she'd be there whenever he needed her. She would always be there no matter what he needed.

She would pick him up when he fell, brush his hair when he felt like he couldn't, teach him how to fight while using the foam swords that she begged their mother, Sally Jackson to buy.

"Hold your stance." She muttered as she adjusted Percy arms. "You attack when you feel the need to. Defend what you think is important."

Percy would nod at her words and when she stepped back, she would pick up her own foam sword and lunge forward, but he would stand still. His sword never leaving the position that Florence left it in.

She would sigh and drop her weapon. She wasn't frustrated with him, that was something she would never be. She just wanted him to be able to hold his own when she or her mother couldn't.

"I don't want to hurt you."

Florence would look over, her smile small as Percy dropped his arms.

Florence dropped to her knees and held her hands against Percy's arms.

"Sometimes the people you love can hurt you the most." She said. "But you Percy, could never ever hurt me. We are a team and this is all pretend, but one day, this could all be real. So I need you to fight."

There was a huge age gap between Percy and Florence, you'd wouldn't think that the two would be so close with the eight year gap, but they would always rely on each other, no matter what. And though Florence knew things that Percy didn't, her goal was to keep him safe and to train him without him acknowledging what her true intentions were.

"Promise me Percy. Promise me that you'll protect yourself." Florence said. "Promise me that you will do everything to protect yourself."

"I want to protect you too."

"You protect me by caring for yourself, Percy." Florence smiled. "Because it's my job to look out for you."

"Even when you're old and wrinkly?"