Chapter 11

"Jessica, I told you to kno-"

His eyes widened in surprise for a moment then back to his normal resting face, almost frowning.

A sweet pomergrante fragrance lingered in the air that was significantly warmer than the hallway. My eyes glanced up and down his fit figure capturing the scenic view that was a small distance away. A white towel clung low on his waist revealing a defined V line. Water dripped from his hair running down his chest and fine, washboard abs.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed stepping back outside closing the door hurriedly resulting in a bang.

My heart palpatated in my chest as I thought of all the possible things he could be thinking.

"Ugh! He's probably thinking I'm such a weirdo, or worst, a stalker."

The door suddenly flew open revealing Jaxon once more.

"Maya?" He uttered staring blankly at me.

"Jessica followed me to the bathroom. I-I didn't know it was occupied," I explained thoroughly keeping my composure.

My eyes struggled to not roam over his body as I managed to look everywhere else but at his figure standing before me.

"Oh, that's fine," he said giving me a half hearted smile.

"You can use it," he said stepping outside of the bathroom.

The quick glance from head to toe that he took of me did not go unnoticed and my knees began to feel feeble at the thought of him checking me out.

"No worries, I can wait until you're finish," I stated as my conscience weighed on me as much as the urge to pee weighed on me as each second flew by.

"No, it's cool. Got a bathroom in my room, just felt like using this one," he said before heading off down the hallway.

Without another second going by I stepped into the spacious bathroom closing the door behind. The bathroom was pretty modern with a frosted shower door and a huge marble counter top with two white face basins installed. There was a twin, diamond encrusted, oval-shapped mirror planted on the white walls over head the counter. The counter was quite messy with shaving cream. After flushing the toilet I pumped hand soap into my hands and washed them thoroughly before drying them under the hand dryer installed. I looked in the mirror fixing my hair that was slightly messy as a result of the wind outside and re-applied my favourite lip gloss. I smacked my lips and tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ear. I opened the door and stepped outside into the hallway closing the door behind. I was lingering for a while waiting for Jessica to come by so she could escort me back outside when I suddenly heard Jaxon's voice in the distance. I turned my head to the direction of the voice and saw Jessica's room door slightly cracked opened. I took a few steps forward, placed my hand on the railing of the staircase and peeked down into the living room glancing down the hallway every few seconds.

"You never listen, Jess," he scolded. "Always knock before you enter."

"You shouldn't be using that bathroom anyways, Jaxon. Aunt T says it's strictly for guests and you know it," Jessica argued back.

"Mom didn't have a problem with me using the guest bathroom and you know that," he defended slightly raising his voice.

"It's not like you clean it," she retorted.

"You're annoying," Jaxon said before I heard the door creak and his figure appeared in the hallway.

Our eyes made four.

"Dad says you shouldn't call me annoying," she stated trailing him into the hallway.

Jaxon didn't reply but instead walked up to me with his sister still trailing behind.